Thread: Stumble, Stutter, Overheating, jerky throttle.

Hi all, I Have experienced the 1000-3000rpm stutter, overheating and poor fuelling myself, on an 06 ULY and have improved the problem, 100%.

Here's how:

1. Check and reset the static ignition timing, (mine was set wrong at the factory).
    2. Remove breather pipes from airbox, block holes and run pipes under bike or into a catch can.
    3. Follow this proceedure:

With your air box assembly and base off, the TPS sensor is right on top of the throttle body. If your TPS has two orange dots, you have the new revision with the vertical alignment tabs. This procedure applies to the old style as well. Adjust both throttle cables so sufficient slack is available. Back off idle adjustment cable until the throttle plate will snap shut without touching the idle cable stop. With a scribe, mark the TPS position by scratching a single line from the throttle body to the TPS. This will serve as a reference point just in case. With a 7mm open end wrench, remove the two TPS mounting bolts and remove the TPS from the throttle body. Clean the debris from the back of the TPS and the side of the throttle body. Apply a small amount of high temp silicone grease to the tabs on the TPS to minimize wear in the future. Replace the TPS but leave the mounting bolts slightly loose and rotate the TPS full left (counterclockwise). Insure the throttle plate is totally closed, then rotate the TPS until you feel the spring make contact with the alignment tabs on the throttle plate. Rotate the TPS slightly clockwise to preload the mechanical zero position and secure mounting bolts. Most of you will notice that according to your reference marks, your new position is just slightly right of the old position. Now your TPS and throttle plate are truly aligned, without play. Connect all wiring and perform a TPS reset, just like the manual states.
    Now you have a solid TPS zero.

My Uly is now picking up the front wheel in first, staying cooler, easier to handle at very low speeds and the fuel economy is now back up to 55mpg (english).

I hope this helps. If it does, please pass it on!

[quote:perform a TPS reset, just like the manual states]That's great, but you need the expensive software etc. Thanks for the advice, though.

software is free. www.ecmspy.com
    you just have to spend some money on a cable about 60$

Yeah, bought my cable on Ebay. Click { Here }

I went the other route and purchased the parts for my cable. ended up being about 30$ or less.

cable = TTL-232R-WE
    http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/s...R+and+variants

Connector = DT06-4S-C015-Assy
    http://www.deutschconnector.com/cgi-...ng_Accessories

Now that would have been a good New Thread to have started. [DIY Duetsch Connector Cables] Had I known the exact components, I would've made mine. Now I know, well done Trill.