Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need exhaust opinions

I have a '04 XB12S with a race ecm and buell race exhaust. I'm looking to switch out my exhaust to something new. A mechanic at the local harley dealer has a Force exhaust on his twelve and it sounds utterly amazing. But after calling and talking to the guys at useforce.com I'm having second thoughts. They do not recommend this exhaust for the twelve because it is too small/restrictive. So I guess the opinion I'm looking for is should I get the force anyways? The other exhausts I am considering are the Micron Serpent and the TiForce system. Though the TiForce is probably out of my price range. Any opinion and information you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

Micron is an excellent performing/sounding pipe

I have heard nothing but great things about the Remus system as well. I have the Buell Race pipe too and I am getting sick of it I want something louder and better performing. I may switch sometime soon myself.

Hey if you dont get that force pipe let me know I would like it very much thank you. Sorry forgot to ask is the mechanic selling that pipe or not?

No he's not selling it. He loves it and I thought it sounded amazing that is why I started looking into them.

I know that's why I'm trying so hard to find one. force told me they dont make them anymore so that's why its been a battle trying to find one

i would recommend the micron if performance and sound is what you want.

if you want looks & sound, tiforce is the way to go.

i have gotten hold of a 2005 XB12Ss. It has a Full Micron system on it and sounds awesome. I'm not used to Harley engines and this thing shakes like a bitch. I've had Ducatis before and love the feel of the 90degree twin, but this Buell is something else.
    It wont hold a constant throttle for riding through the suburbs; is that normal? under acceleration it feels fine. The vibes dont really smooth out till around 3000rpm...
    I love the sound of the Micron system. Not sure if the "flat" bends in the front header are intended...

i found a cool web site http://www.americansportbike.com/ there is an exhaust shoot out , has pics, sound files, dyno charts, comparisons between other exhaust systems for buell xbs. i found it pretty usefull.

I love the sound of the Micron system. Not sure if the "flat" bends in the front header are intended...
    They are intended...I'm not sure of all the correct terms, but in the end it is to make the header pipes equal length. LeFox has one, he can tell you all about it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast