Thread: clutch options...? whats the best bang for buck

ok guys. if any yall remember was in wreck couple months back. now got a new buell which will reveal soon. a hint is that it was used as a race specific bike. saying this got it my clutch slipping like crazy. i think it prolly just plates but may want to go ahead and upgrade since i goin be taking apart. so what are the best clutch uprgrade options. from the most simple and basic thing to more expensive. cheaper better though. hope yall give me some input

i just had to do this about a month ago. I ended up going with Drag Specialties kevlar clutch plates. Ended up being like 90 dollars or so from my buell/hd dealer. The stock ones that came in it are about 25 dollars a disk so very expensive. DONT GET A BARNETT clutch. 9k miles and it was toast and i don't even ride all that hard.

rrh481 is selling a racing clutch set up for a xb9r.

ok what are the best clutch plates....

Stock plates work good for street riding. I saved up the money and put EBRs Slipper system in completely for the race bike. My Street XB12R I just run stock With Redline in the Primary.

don't buy the stock HD Plates, your going to pay right around 200 just for the frictions. If your on a budget Drag Specialties has an organic friction kit for like 60 dollars or you can get the kevlar frictions for about 90. Have Drag Specialties kevlar in my bike and they are great.

If your on a budget Drag Specialties has an organic friction kit for like 60 dollars or you can get the kevlar frictions for about 90.
    Good to know.

Yeah the parts guy at my HD dealer was saying that the original cluch plates are organics so using the drag one would be about the same but will get more life out of the kevlar ones for a little more money. I also put in a heavy duty cluch spring from american sportbike. no chance of slipping now.

I just checked drag specialties and couldnt find the parts. im in the middle of tear down and im not paying hundreds of dollars for the clutch replacement, help? links are perfect!