Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oops!

When I went to class last night I turned the key just a bit too far past the wheel lock position and left my accessory lights on (was still daylight out, so didn't notice). Three hours later when I came out she was completely dead, wouldn't do anything. Fortunately one of my classmates had cables with him, so I was able to get a jump and get it home on the tender...but still felt like a dumb ass!

Anyone have any stories of killing their battery that'll make me feel better?:D

there are quite a few of those in here

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...ne-on-ur-buell

That one is all just people doing stupid stuff on their bikes...I want to hear about where people have been when they killed their battery and what they did to get it back up and running!

I left mine in the parking lot of Wal-Marts once, not entirely sure yet what killed the battery but it was dead. Went and bought a new battery is all.

Ha, that's a convenient place to have your battery die!

I did that, only i have the wires swapped up front to run both headlights. When you do this your headlights come on when turned to Acc. and my battery got drained pretty fast. I was at home so i just rolled it in my shed and charged the battery.

That's the way mine is set up, too...if I hadn't been in such a hurry to get to class I probably would have noticed it...

Been there, done that ! The day I brought my 09 SS home, did the same thing, turned the key a little too far and came out about 5 hrs later to a dead battery. This is the first time anyone else has heard about it!

Don't tell anyone else !;)

Last time I did that, I went to the track to spectate one day, and had left my key turned on. Luckly I was at the track and had literally 90 people who had cables or chargers to spare.

Three hours later when I came out she was completely dead,
    and there's nothing quite like that "CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK" noise our bikes make when the battery is dead to make every single person around you turn and stare at you to wonder what in the world you're doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast