Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops!

I have done killed my battery a few times with that stupid one click past lock mess but the good thing is every time I have done it I was at home so I just charged the bike and called it good.

I have heard that jumping your bike with a car battery can possibly be tough on our electrical systems due to higher amperage. Anyone burn anything out with a car jump?

BR

Best thing to do, is leave the car engine off. Leave your cables hooked up for a couple minutes, then crank the bike.
    Assuming the car battery is good, both the bike and car should crank right up.

This way, you don't get the electrical "feedback" from the cars alternator in your bikes system.

And I'm surprised your battery died after 4 hours, I know you have one of those awesome XB-Lights LED tail lights :-)
    That was pulling roughly 200 miliamps, does a headlight come on too or just that tiny center headlight bulb with the key in that position?

Haha, that's how I realized I was in trouble when I came walking up to the bike, my lovely taillight was still shining! I swapped a wire so both my headlights come on with the high beam, so a headlight stays on at the acc position.

Great to hear I'm not the only one who turns the key too far...makes me feel a little better!

I did it right after I bought my bike............I kinda freaked out because I thought somthing was wrong when I couldnt get the lights to go off. I ended up calling my buddy I bought the bike from and he laughed and said "turn yhe key back one click ya dummy". Now all is good......:D

i had to push start mine in a pinch. worked like a charm. do it in 2nd so when u dump the clutch u dont have any surprises lol

I let my ex girlfriend's don't sit on my bike, he was a year old and sat there starting and stopping the motor untill it died. (Ninja) My old kz440 had a bad starter and I had to push start it everytime. I bought gas and it wouldn't start, I tried a dozen times before I realized the kill switch was off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123