Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a problem!!!!!!!! Please Help

Ok...so i bought a 06 buell xb12r from a dealership 2 days ago...haha and unfortunately I can get it to run right. This is what is happening... It is fouling out the front plug VERY quickly...now I have read about how all the sensors work to together to deliver the right air/fuel mixture at the right time and there is obviously something wrong there, I just did the breather mod last night and it really helped the idle and when I went to start it this morning and the front cylinder wasn't firing at all :( ?? When I took the plug out it smelt like gas, when tells me that it is dumping too much gas in and there is not enough spark to detonate all of the gas, fouling the plug??? right? Suggestions? Options? I checked ohms on the thing that delivers the spark and it works good. The only really think I can think of is doing a ecm reset. CEL IS NOT ON!?!?

Check to make sure the front plug wire isn't grounding out somewhere. If its the stock fuel map, it shouldn't be dumping too much fuel. Most likely a spark issue. Might be a good idea to switch the plugs too.

You can put iridium plugs in, they resist fouling better than the stock plugs. A TPS reset is never a bad thing, even better would be a proper tune...but both of those require a cable and some know how...

Your actions can also help prevent fouling...if you are cranking it up and shutting it back down before it gets warm that will foul plugs much faster.

(sk8ace) I took both of the plug wires off, cause that was the first thing that I thought of, and the wires are good, no nicks, cuts, anything like that. At the dealership they changed the front one, and when I got home I changed the second one. FYI the bike had been sitting all winter...i guess 4 or 5 months. And I have not ran all of the gas out of it just yet, but I did put sea foam in the tank to help with all that. And the bike is all stock too. Oh and i put the spark plug against the block and it sparking.

Miami78 says it best. if you are cranking it up and shutting it back down before it gets warm that will foul plugs much faster.
    I fouled mine starting and not riding. The stock ecm should keep it lean. Just clean the plug and go for a 20 mile ride so the bike gets to know you and you her.

05 Blue XB12R (sweet)

(Miami78) I put the harley plugs in, which from what I have read suck. And I think everyone else is running the ngk plugs which are iridium.

I know you need to spy cable for the tps reset and then the other cable to tune it is way more expensive. I am more of a car person, but I have a little "know how" lol

(thomo) I haven't taken it out any longer than a few miles cause I just can't get over the misfire that is going on all the time in open loop that is. closed loop runs really good. If im cruising, the bikes a champ, any other time... its like riding a bull...not a buell...haha

Sounds like you will have to take off the air filter and clean the intake with a spray cleaner then start it up (outside you will have alot of smoke) maybe you are dumping fuel because the intake is dirty.

Hey jtown try this for the misfire. Run a direct ground from the neg terminl to the coil. It's under another tread I dont know how to copy the link. I think I'll be doing this too, mine dont really misfire just the regular pop on decel. This is the expanded link. http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...the-mid-range.

I took everything off and look at it and it looks clean really. I don't have any injector cleaner around the garage, so I will have to get some. What are the chances that a TPS reset will fix my problem(s)? If it is dumping the tps has alot to do with that, along with the o2 sensor and the cam position sensor. I did accidentally drop it and the bank sensor stopped everything yesterday, but it ran after the fuel came back on. It is spitting fuel cause I can see it in the air filter...that help out any?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast