Thread: Created my own BUE2 race map, need a little help

So, I created my own BUE2 race map using an 06 map, and extrapolating all the missing rows and columns. I did the fuel maps and the ignition maps.

It runs great, like a raped ape, as the kids say. The only problem is that at low speed or throttle input it is very jerky.

Two things I think might be to blame:
    1. If anyone else made their own map, how did you figure the 0 and 6 TPS rows on the fuel maps? I just copied them over from the stock map. I figured there was no way to get the 0 row, and the 6 row wouldn't be to different from stock, since you were using a stock row for the extrapolation.

2. There is a secondary map listed in TunerPro that I have no idea what it is for. It is not like the big map, with all the 0 columns on the right. Am I supposed to overwrite that map as well, or do I leave it alone?

So, any help with the low throttle input jerkiness would be great. Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    What year and model?

09 Firebolt

Super Moderator
    1. The bike essentially never touches anything under 20/25 TPS. Do a datalog and you'll see that even at idle/decel, you never really dip under these values.

2. For your purposes, ignore the secondary map.

If you have set up TunerPro to communicate with your bike, you really should take the time to datalog. Copying over a race map usually doesn't provide great results. Interpolating values in columns works, but it's really just a guess.

The other thing I notice is that when I come to idle (for instance, coming to a stop) the engine speed dips down to ~750 and then bounces back up to idle. It almost sounds like the bike is going to stall out. It never does, though.

I figure some of this will work its way out with a TPS reset and relearn, and I am going to double check my throttle cable adjustment.

1. I would love to datalog, but for whatever reason, ECMSpy doesn't view my map correctly. It shows me nothing be a garbled mess for a map. I feel like this is something I am doing wrong, since I loaded the 06 race map and it looked great. However, when I loaded an 09 map I found online, it was garbled. I assumed it was just corrupt, but when I view the map on my ECU in ECMSpy, it looks just as bad. So, I can't see what I would be logging, since everything is jumbled. And, even if all I looked at were the sensor outputs, I couldnt exactly "tune" in ECMSpy, I would have to keep going between ECMSpy-Excel-TunerPro-ECMRead.

2. So, I saw the thread about a stutter at cruising, and it recommendation to richen the low-load midrange by 3-5%. I did that, it made everything worse, include the tendency to miss the idle point. I even had it cut off on me a few times coming to a stop. So, I just replaced all the low-load midrange (<4000rpm) cells with the stock map data, and kept the >40tps and >4krpms data with the race map data. It is like I have VTEC now. No more idle or jumpiness problems, but I know it is just a bandaid.

So, how do you log an 09? I feel like I am missing some very basic setting.

Looking for the same info for an 06....