Thread: Large Blast Windscreen

Does the large Blast windscreen use the same mounting hardware as the small windscreen?

Thanks,

Which large one are you referring to? The clear one that's over a foot tall? I don't remember exactly how it mounts but it's most likely with larger brackets to the handlebars or possibly to the forks. i don't think the small flyscreen mounts would be able to handle that kind of wind pressure.

Erik O's instructions for installing the Buell Blast Windshield:
    These are what I wrote up when I sold mine. I may have pictures if you need them, but the installation is very simple.

Tools needed:
    3/16 Allen wrench
    1/8 Allen wrench
    3/32 Allen wrench
    7/16" or 11mm wrench

Remove 4 bolts holding the flyscreen on. Save 2 bolts you will need them for the windshield.

Remove the 2 bolts holding the headlight bracket on (early Blasts use bolts only, later Blasts use bolts and nuts-save the nuts). Do not remove bracket.
    Using supplied bolts and the nuts that came off the headlight bracket, bolt the windshield bracket on with the swivel piece up and pointed forwards. Do one side at a time otherwise headlight assembly may slip.

Loosely install the 2 flyscreen bolts through windshield into the 2 bottom flyscreen holes in the bracket. Be careful not to let the windshield fall forward as it could suffer damage.
    Install the 2 supplied bolts and rubber grommets in the top 2 windshield holes. Each top windshield bolt should use 2 grommets.
    Tighten down the 4 bolts.

If your Blast has been dropped the lower windshield holes may not line up exactly with holes in the flyscreen bracket. but they are easily bent to the correct position.

Do Not bolt the windshield on without using grommets on the windshield bolts, cracking may result.
    EZ

I just bought my first Buell this weekend. it has the really tall windshield on it. I am in the process of removing it and would be more than happy to snap some shots taking it off.

I am looking to find out what I have to do to put the stock one back on (which I need to buy or trade with someone).