Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Helmets

I'm curious as to the fit in comparison to other brands. I've tried on Icon's and Large feels snug but as I've read they all do when new. I own a Large Bell and it fits snug but has on a few high speed occasions slid around i think it was more due to lack of aerodynamics. But i'm looking into buying me and my wife Scorpion lids and could use your input if you have any!

I just bought a scorpion. People say they tend to run smaller for the size and to go up a size when ordering. I wear a large and ordered x-large. It is as snug as my large hjc. I guess I'll see after it breaks in though.

I like my Scorpion, I tend to like a helmet that fits a little snugger, so when it breaks in it still fits well. so i went with a medium and it is still going well. its a cool (temperature wise) helmet and i dont sweat in it especally in this south Texas heat (San Antonio). its light and pretty aero dynamic, it doesnt buffett my head around.

I haven't owned one, but I would have bought one if they fit better. I just bought a medium HJC FS10 and it seems to fit my head well, but a medium scorpion was slightly too big, and a small fit well on most of my head except just above my forehead where it felt like it was squeezing way too tight, so unfortunately I seem to be right between scorpion size and probably won't ever be able to get one.

I have an exo 1000 and it is a complete piece of crap the wind noise actually puts pressure on my ear to the point it hurts. Plus the helmet is just cheap and keeps falling apart. I also have an exo 400 and it is one of the best helmets I have ever had.

I like my exo-1000.

They do tend to run small. The new exo-500 is pretty nice. It's a 200 dollar helmet with a flip down sunvisor and inflatable cheeks.

I have a 700 and the 1000. I like them both but usually wear the 1000 because of the flip down tinted visor (have to wear sunglasses under the 700..) The 700 is a large that fits like a medium and the 1000 is a medium that fits like a medium. I wear ear plugs (D&D) so I don't notice any excessive wind noise in either.

When I was helmet shopping I did notice the size chart for a Scorpion large is comparable to most others xl. So measuring your squash and checking the size charts is highly advisable. Trying one on if possible would be even better. Just my .02

Never tried any other helmets but I really like and would recommend the Scorpion brand. I have 2 medium size 700s that fit great.

Best advise I got on helmet fitment was, on a new helmet if you were chewing gum while wearing it, you would be biting the sides of your cheeks. Mine slowly broke in and is very comfortable.

I would warn that the quick change visor isn't as easy as they say, but that's less of an issue with the newer models and their flip down shades. I just keep my smoke visor on all the time

I have a 1000 and the only complaint is its heavy compared to my RF1000 shoei a and HJC AC12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast