Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rear Tire Removal

Got my wheels off last night in about 30 minutes, but front and back. If I would have had a better set of stands it would have taken me a lot less time.

Umm the guy who said $100 for his friends tire to be changed would get punched in the mouth and I would instantly never talk to that guy again. Just sayin.

rear axle help? I've got 9,000 on my XB12Ss and just replacing the tires (I do a lot of plain commuting unfortunately). Anyhow, the front tire is replaced, but trying to do the rear, and I can't get the axle loose. Believe it or not, there was no pinch bolt...I never noticed it missing....so maybe the rear axle has gotten more corrosion because of this? Not sure. Anyhow, sprayed WD40 on it tonight, but if it doesn't loosen, what next?

whew! what a relief, I've always pulled my rims for tires changes and was checking to see what was required. BT003rs going on this week.

Hello, I have a 07 Uly, have read this site since I got it and learned a lot. Many thanks.
    Bike's been great, problem free.
    I looked but can't find anything on changing the back wheel without a stand.
    I mean, on the side of the road, how do you remove the wheel????

Meanwhile, thanks again for the priceless info, advice and the occasional opinion
    much appreciated.

I would not attempt such a feat personally ..... HOWEVER, there was a product made I ran across not too long back that was basically a small jack stand you could put on the outside leg of the swingarm (on the opposite side of the kickstand) which allowed you to get just the back tire off the ground and rotate it for whatever reason ... I'm sure you could take it off too if you trusted that your bike wouldn't roll or move around on it ......

Still wouldn't try it myself though ... lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345