Thread: firebolt fighter help!!!

sooo,i want to just put a sinlge headlight on my 04 firebolt and get rid of all that fancy plastic,was thinking of using a unit from aztec 8,does anybody know or have pictures of how much stuff needs to be moved/protected/or altered,or has anybody gone down this road?any advice would be great-thx!!!

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru.../back-to-stock

Ask this guy. If I was you though I'd just get a normal round headlight from an sv650 or something similar. Most of the 'streetfighter' headlights you see on ebay aren't even worth putting on a bike unless you just plan to stunt it and don't want to get pulled over for not having a headlight.

^^^thats me...after riding it a few times and still not coming up with anyway to mount the gauges I've decided to go back to the stock look. That front headlight was on the bike when i bought it it looks pretty good but it vibrates like crazy and the flash light on my key chain would be a better headlight

well,i've had the aztec 8 unit on my speed triple,both the 7 inch single and the 4 inch duals,they worked great and were priced decent,the question is,whats in my current front fairing and where can i put it?might have to make some cable extentions and run everything to the rear/tail area?

I'm probably thinking of a different headlight if they make 7" and dual headlights. I was thinking of the flimsy plastic ones you can buy off of ebay for $40.

As far as what's behind your fairing, you've got the fuses/relays, ECM, horn, and then the gauges. It's possible you might be able to store some under your airbox cover, but otherwise you'll probably have to try to find somewhere for them in your tail.

ya,those ebay cheapies are junk,been down that road already....why are the ecm and fuses in the nose?!!!?just makes my life harder......more crap to move and hide!!

some ideas...

a single off road light would look "cafe racer"

go Urban!
    LSL Urban Headlight
    Been thinking of doing this on mine, but I don't want to have any down time for riding.
    Heres a heavily modified bike with the headlight:
    P51 build