Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor running and idle! Frustrating the hell outta me!

Thanks for the replies guys

When I replaced the plugs I put in NGK# DCPR9EIX and some 8mm wires I got from Ironmachine. Not sure what mapping is burned to the ECM. The orig. owner stated it was tuned professionally <shrug> The last reset I did I had the airbox off and make sure the idle cable was not touching the plate at all, completely closed so that shouldn't be a problem. Only code its ever thrown was an O2 sensor code cause I started it without the 02 sensor connected. Cleared and reconnected and no more codes

Let the bike sit for a few days, checked all connections, took off the pulley cover and checked those connections, nothing appeared to be loose or frayed but so far I've ridden for 2 days..no surging and idles at the appropriate RPMs Gonna take a 320 mile round trip this weekend. We'll see what happens lol

Side question though, how can you tell if the bike is running on one cylinder? Does it cap your top speed or idle wierd? I have no problems getting up to higher speeds but it seems the idle sounds different?? Maybe just my imagination.

Well mine definetly felt like it was running on one cyclinder this morning. it feels like a "blast" when its running on one cylinder...haha jk it just seems to have less power and alot more vibration. I'm loading a stock map back to mine tonight. my bike ran great last night on the way home but then this morning i was about to leave it on the side of the road with a free sign on it. seriously it was bucking like a freakin bronco for probably twenty miles. I dont know what its deal is. its like it cant go from running good in 65 degree weather to 35 degree weather without MAJOR running issues. I love this bike serisouly the design is top notch and a major thrill to ride.but...if the engines were less jerky and didn't make you doubt you would have smooth power thru a curve it would be the best bike in the world. sorry just a little frustrated and under schooled with tunning so i'm going to try the stock map and maybe just leav it there for a while.

Rode 350 miles yesterday. No problems what so ever, I'm going to assume my problems are fixed! <shrug> Not sure what the issue was

You may pull off the pully cover NGH and check the connections there as well. Thats the last thing I did. I remember reading on Badweb that a certain connection there is known to cause issues. One side effect is your headlight dimming and coming back. Mine did that a few times with my issue, maybe yours might be similar?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12