Thread: Another ECM success story

I have been running a Drummer and stock ECM. The bike ran fine but accelerating never felt quite right compared to my 12S/stock exhaust. There was always lots of popping on deceleration and engine braking.

I installed a pre-programmed EBR ECM and the bike runs PERFECTLY now. Acceleration is smooth and there is no popping on deceleration or engine braking. I can't believe I waited this long to replace the ECM.

I just posted this for those of you who needed to hear one more person happy with the results of a new ECM.
    If you are running an after-market exhaust and putting up with popping and crappy performance reprogram or replace your ECM!

Just wondering if you tried to "Tune" your bike with the ECMSpy ware or TunerPro on this site before you spent the money on the EBR ECM? On the fence weather to keep learning or just spend the funds and enjoy the ride.

I did the same with my 08'. I have a Jardine with a K&N and it was poping on decel as well as hesitation on accel. Bought the EBR ECM and it is all but a memory. Did the TPS a couple of times and no problems. Great product and I would of tried the ECMspy but there is no mapping available for the 08' and 09's. Just my 2cents!

ECM Spy doesn't work with my 08 and TunerPro looks too complicated to learn. I am generally a DIYer but after hearing such good reviews on the EBR programmed ECMs I just wanted to be done with it asap. The popping started to get annoying and I can't believe what a difference the new ECM made.