Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micron System Q

Hello, I just got my first Buell. It is a XB12Scg and I am looking for an exhaust system to put on it. I like the Micron look and from the little sound bits that I've found I like the way it sounds. My question is this. If I purchase this system would I have to get a Race ECM or some other computer to go with it? Or would the dealer or whoever puts in on be able to map it with the origional computer? I suppose what I'm really asking is what would be all the parts that I would need to get in order to get the best bang for my buck out of the Micron system. Thanks ahead of time for all the insight and help.

As a follow-up to this, would anyone suggest something else other than the Micron? Or is it even worth it to get and entire system instead of just a slip on?

The best thing you can do if you plan on running a Micron is get you stock ECM re-mapped. Even with a Race ECM, it still won't be running the best, and still will be slightly lean. To be able to re-map your ECM, your dealer or whoever needs to have the DirectLink program and a dyno. All that you personally would need to buy is a mapping Key. All of this can be found on www.americansportbike.com

IMO, the Micron is one of the best on the market. Great choice!! Great performance and sound. Good looks too.

welcome ruski on congratz on the buy ;)

what i would suggest you do is:
    - do the breather re-route mod
    - get a k&n airfilter
    - get a exhaust of your choice...if it's micron, good choice
    - get your ecm remapped.

you'll be very happy with the result! ;)

Just to clarify something really quickly. Thanks for the feedback btw. The 07 ecm CAN be remapped correct? That was really my main concern. The Buell dealer that I got the bike from seems pretty cool and they have a dyno and a DirectLink computer so I guess I should be fine on that. And Mapping Key? Please clarify.

On a sidenote. LeFox is there anyway you would be willing to ship some Euro stuff for me if I pay you? I'm only assuming you live there so correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Just a quick edit, since I still don't know how to do it on here. Al sent me an e-mail telling me that in his opinion he would run the Race ECM with the Micron. Everyone on here seems to thing otherwise. Just wondering whats up.

We set one up here with a Race ECM and a Micron, and granted it works, but its not exactly the perfect mixture.

Mapping Key

Quote Originally Posted by RuskiBuell
    The 07 ecm CAN be remapped correct?
    all ecm's can be remapped
    On a sidenote. LeFox is there anyway you would be willing to ship some Euro stuff for me if I pay you? I'm only assuming you live there so correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
    what would you be needing?
    Al sent me an e-mail telling me that in his opinion he would run the Race ECM with the Micron
    a remap is always the best option.
    the race ecm was developed for a slip-on (the buell race muffler), not a complete system.

A fender eliminator from Trojan-Horse. Unless they will directly ship to the US. Please let me know because they have some kick-ass stuff on there. I don't mind giving you a little extra cash for the trouble.

Also, I saw some of the airscoops they offer...but none will fit with the Micron exhaust. Are there any that will work with the Micron and do they even make that big a diff in the long run?

trojan will ship to u.s. and i can get you the airscoop for the micron :p

and the scoops really work!

You just put a big smile on my face LeFox. Now it is time to start saving away so I could get it done at the end of the year (I hope!!). So let me recap real quick.

I'd need the Micron system. A high flow filter (what about the F.A.S.T. kit? And what exactly is it?). And a remap of my STOCK ECM. To get the "best" results.

Oh, and where did you get the scoop? Did you fabricate it yourself or modify one of the ones available? Either way how much would you charge me for one? Also if you did modify it, would you also be able to modify the smaller Euro ones as well?

Sorry that I'm asking so many questions, I'm just really excited about this bike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast