Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micron System Q

here's a link to the rh airscoop for ya: click
    send me a mail with your location and i'll return a with the costs ;)

fast kit is a heat-blanket with a high volicity k&n-cup which is a bit better compared to the complete open airbox mod ith k&n filter...would need to test the foam filter that is out to see how that performs.

Hey Fox, did you wrap your Micron with heat wrap after it was coated or no?

no, i'm not much of a wrap fan...that's why i had it coated ;)

and the coating is so nice, you wouldn't want to hide it :D

Did you get the re-sent e-mail?

yep...the pony is on his way :p

I'm not all that familier with anything other than the micron but there are a few things about the Micron you should know.

1. They are very loud.

2. The coating isn't that great. Mine discolorered. If you plan to wrap your exhaust that isn't a big deal.

3. Theya aren't mandrel bent.

Yes, thats true. They aren't mandrel bent. They are hydroformed tubing. Better than mandrel in this application.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccodart440
    2. The coating isn't that great. Mine discolorered. If you plan to wrap your exhaust that isn't a big deal.
    they aren't coated, disoloration is normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccodart440
    3. Theya aren't mandrel bent.
    indeed, to add on PBG's remark, the bend narrowing @ the front header has it's purpose.
    it's there for a reason...**insert link which i seem to have lost with a graphic description of what the bend @ the front header is for** :o

also found this article:
    Micron WINS the Formula USA Pro Thunderbike National Championship with the RacingMotorcycles.com Buell XB-12R!

Many "say" their products increase performance on a Buell, only Micron proves it, and in top fashion!

David Estok and the Buell XB-12R dominated the season, cruising to the National Championship Title with ease in Daytona.

That the exclusive Micron Serpent exhaust system has added ANOTHER National Championship with the Buell XB-12R winning the Pro Thunderbike title should come as no surprise to anyone, but the vast array of machines Micron has won with this season alone demonstrates the un-matched level of technology in every exclusive, fully hydroformed Serpent header system.

Once again, Micron challenges all competitors to match the performance of our World proven Serpent designs. Micron is the World leader in hydroformed exhaust manufacturing, and the Serpent full systems finally bring the Buell XB's up to the power level they deserves in the ultra competitive performance arena. Let's see who can even come close...

Micron started the hydroforming revolution 5 years ago, and now some "followers" have started to copy our inovations, only proving the fact that our technology is far beyond the basic tube benders of the old school. But these companies only offer one "small" bend in hydroform, nothing even close to the craftmanship of the FULLY hydroformed Micron Serpent designs. Imitation IS the greatest form of flattery, and we are getting very flattered!

Does not seem to matter what brand, what model or what class of racing, the complete domination of the Micron Serpent headers has become the standard to beat anywhere in the World!

That front bend on the header has the pipe almost flattened out. I'm a bit new to bikes but have been into cars for quite a while. I've never thought or read something like this to be a good thing. I'd like to know their resoning and also why they didn't do it on both pipes?

The pipe has to be coated with something because it didnt' rust or it's stainless. It got these spots on it that were discoloed. Almost like something caustic had gotten on to it. Again it never rusted anywhere. I wrapped them anyway, so it doesn't matter now.

Something to consider regarding the Micron system is that the company has recently ceased manufacturing of motorcycle exhaust systems. You might be able to buy a system until inventories are depleted, but they'll soon be gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast