Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stats on Buell Lightning XB12?

Inactive
    Bottom line is, life is so short, you should be living it for God and for you. Buy for you, ride for you, and every time you finish a ride in one piece, thank God. (Besides, I gather from your name that you already know the answer to that question! LOL)
    brilliantly stated sire!

Sold my softail in 99. Rode rice until this march. From 99 to march not one 'hey, nice bike man'. The first day on my xb i got a 'hey nice bike man'. People just dont notice rice. Its hard not to notice the sound then see the look of the bike. The only stats i know about the bike is that it will pull the gates off hell.

Don't do the stats thing. Buy a Buell because it is unique, American, and has a very cool factor among your fellow bikers. I think they're beautiful in a street fighter/Road Warrior way, and I bought them because I love them. Turns out, many people seem to really like the different styling too as I can't go ANYWHERE without being approached and questioned about the bike--with admiring comments afterward. That's not why I bought it, but I have to admit that it's nice.

Riding it is exceptionally fun. I come from a long line of GSXR1000's, and currently own an Aprilia Mille Factory and a KTM SuperDuke 990R. I enjoy riding my Buell the most. Why? The way it makes power, the relaxed nature of the beast, the feeling of floating (especially with the SS/Penske suspension) yet knowing I have razor-sharp handling on command, and....

The look on my buddie's faces after a nice run through the twisties when they pull their helmets off. Yeah, you just got hammered by a pushrod vtwin-powered bike... :)

Lets get this started! What are the main stats that will impress my friends that ride foreign sport bikes?
    You will never impress worshipers of Japanese bikes with stats for a Buell. It doesn't make 200hp, it doesn't go 200mph, it's not the latest and greatest tech.
    However, the exact same could be said of the Ducati Monster (to which a Buell compares very favorably) and it's a darn fine bike. A Buell is a naked streetbike (not a supersport) with plenty of power for any responsible rider and handling that is second to none; Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that anyone who is hell-bent on "stat sheet racing" doesn't have the skill to fully utilize whatever bike they are talking up anyway.

Also, if you're going to be talking stats, make sure your comparing comperable bikes. A Buell is not a race bike any more than a R6 is a good streetbike. A Buell is a naked/partially faired street bike, like a Ducati Monster, a Suzuki SV650, a Yamaha FZ1, a Kawasaki Z1000, or several others. It compares VERY well to any of them and typically holds the advantage in maintenence simplicity, suspension components, brakes, and handling.

By now he's probably gotten over trying to show off stats and he probably found his answer...

It has been 6 years

LOL nice thread revival Loki

I am 53 and back where I am from in Tn we could get our license at 14 so I have many years of two wheel experience. Most were on oriental bikes but did have a 70's Trident once, still wish I did have it. I currently ride a SuperTT and also have a '08 HD Nightrod Special as well as a '11 Ultra Limited for the wife and I to travel on. If I had to keep just one bike it would be hands down the Buell. Even at 53, I love this bike, wished I had gotten one years ago, I just picked up my 07 back last winter with 1200 miles on it. Eric Buell knows how to build a bike. I ride it to work almost every day now and can't say enough about this bike, will it pull as hard as the Revolution engine, no way but for what it is, American made with an HD engine, I think too many sell these short. Once they ride one they will be hooked. As for looks, I think my TT looks awesome, love the look and no I have not been looking at the wife too much but she looks awesome in my eyes as well!

Inactive
    ^

buellxb sold his Buell close to 4yrs ago, with that went any desire for stats

Interesting, I know this is an old post. But oh so relevant, buy a buell if it calls to you. I cannot think of any bike I would rather have. Everytime I ride home and come up the windy twisty hill to my house there is no other bike I would rather make the trip on. I may only have an xb9, but there is no other bike right now that stirs my rider soul like this bike. Stats or no stats I could give a crap less. I pull in anywhere and there is no mistaking my bike. Sound looks and feels like something I would have built for myself. I say kudos to Erik and hope in the near future he releases another lightning type model that will inspire me to add to my garage. As far as other street bikes go, if you like them good for you. Everyone has their taste, for the few fellow buellers I have seen I get a special sense of brotherhood that transcends bike ownership. There is just something special about a buell and no I don't mean yellow helmet special. I look forward to meeting more buellers as I tour the countryside and enjoy the hell out of my bike.

Great source of information, thank you gentlemen!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123