Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help to bike running at peak and other questions, issues

How'd all that shake out for you? All fixed?

got the cable from xoptii......going to do a TPS maybe later today.....scared to death to try to load the stock map back onto the ECM

ok, just did the tps reset and that was terrifying! did the 'learning' ride, staying between 3-3.5k as much as possible. observations:
    1. the idle is better and now between 1050-1150 (it was somewhere between 900-1030)
    2. the idle "bounces" alot. i don't know if it was more than before
    3. on the tps reset video, his throttle was reading like 5.5% for correct idle, mine was reading 6.7% and sometimes 7.1%. what is everyone else's at?
    4. when i start the bike now, it acts like its trying to start too fast. don't know how to explain it......
    5. it ran really odd before the "learning" ride, but seems good now. i think the tps was high before i reset it. however, now the bike still does the bucking, but i think this may be another issue

tomorrow i will clean the O2 sensor, and check out what map is on the bike

when the starter seems to kick faster, try rolling the throttle and seeing if it makes it speed up, if it's getting a lot of gas it will make it react faster just like if you roll the throttle. the only time I've had my throttle set that high for it to run was when I had a leak, and it ran like crap entirely throughout

the morning ride: the bike seems to run better. however, i think the throttle is hanging a little. it "seems" to idle a little high, but i would rather have a higher idle than a lower one.
    i will do another tps reset after i load the maps now that i know how to do it. do i need to reset the AFV or mess with it when i do a tps reset?

Adjust idle to just below 1000rpm after the bike is fully warmed up - gets rid of the throttle hang.

Bike will buck after staying at 4100. Weird feeling when you're highway cruising. Stay above 4500.

Adjust idle to just below 1000rpm after the bike is fully warmed up - gets rid of the throttle hang.
    will do. also, out of curiosity.....so the idle "bounces" (for lack of a better word), so how do you set it? so most of the readings are around 1100?
    i will do another tps reset after i load the maps now that i know how to do it. do i need to reset the AFV or mess with it when i do a tps reset?

Mine never bounces above 1000 at idle.

Update 1: So 1st tank after resetting the TPS, 39mpg, same as before.

Update 2: So i finally got a chance to look at the ECM, with the intention of reloading the stock maps onto the bike......and now I am utterly confused. The stock maps are already on the EEPROM! So now I have no idea why I am not getting the 45-60mpg (from what i have read, most ppl average 50mpg).

To recap: The bike now has stock exhaust, stock airbox, unknown air filter, new plugs, new plug wires, stock EEPROM and fuel maps, and I only run non-ethanol 94 octane fuel, and oil is Amsoil, mobil1 filter, changed earlier this year; and the bike has no error codes showing on the dash (forgot to check the codes through ECMSpy when i had it hooked up . I still haven't cleaned the O2 sensor, could that be the problem?

The only things I can think of left to check would be:
    1. Maybe the O2 sensor is bad, causing the bike to run max-rich, and somehow its not throwing an error.
    2. ?????? no idea

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast