Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reset service engine light

Dude. Holy Necro-thread...
    You can read the '08 fault codes that same way, by jumpering the diagnostic plug, or even better, download FREE ECMDroid and get a bluetooth dongle. you can find both at Buelltooth.com

What do you mean "nothing comes up on my odometer under F"? The ODO will automatically switch to F mode when you "F"uel light comes on to show how many miles you've driven with it on.

Inactive
    What do you mean "nothing comes up on my odometer under F"? The ODO will automatically switch to F mode when you "F"uel light comes on to show how many miles you've driven with it on.

classic case shaughn of low fuel sensor at the pump sitting on death-row. however.........how the hell that ties into fault codes escapes me. LOL

Is he trying to communicate with other humans using the english language? Perhaps he meant;

'Hello! I'm new here and I have a question I'd like to ask on this 5 year old thread. I have an '08 XB12S with 12,000 mikes on it that I've owned for awhile now. I ride it about once a week, and live in a very cold climate. Last week I noticed odometer reads fine and my gauges work perfectly, But when the odometer is on the low fuel "F" setting, it has a blank screen.

I also have had a check engine light on for about the last month (500 miles). How do I check the codes to see if it's related? I don't have any of that ECMSpy, ECMDroid stuff I read about when I searched for my answer. Can I check it manually like the '07 and earlier bikes by jumping the pins in the grey connector?'

How close am I?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123