Thread: New Buell Rider

Hey Everyone. I just bought my first Buell last week, and am absolutly in love with this machine. I have been riding bikes my entire life, but never had such a nice ride. Its a 2006 Firebolt XB12r. I was wondering about any kind of aftermarket mods you would all reccomend. I know thats kind of a vague question considering everyone has thier own opinions. I have an aftermarket pipe on it, not sure of the make, but it sounds great. I just installed a K&N filter on it, but other then that I believe its all stock.

Thanks, James

Sorry Its Upside Down, Stupid Camera Phones lol.

congrats on the best purchase you have ever made! Welcome to the forum. Plenty of knowledge over here and a bunch of great people! Enjoy the bike my friend! Would like to see pics soon! Where you located?

Beat me to the pix part.. but awesome color style! Same scheme as me :).. looks like you have the race pipe on there.. looks great and awesome pipe! I would suggest gettin the frame pucks to protect your frame..just in case you go down.. big time savers! Bike looks clean! How many miles?

...or maybe axle sliders??? :D

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction! Nice bike!

5-0dro
    www.5-0dro.com

Thanks All, Yeah It is Super Clean, It Only has 4,500 Miles on it, I bought it from a Harley Dealer In Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I was looking for one for a long time. Im from Kingsford, Michigan Its a small town right on the border of Wisconsin and the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. the riding season isn't too long here, but it is the best couple months of the year. I have been looking around the boards for awhile now and am learning more everyday, thanks everyone.

I also had a question about the new K&N filter i just installed, do i need more venting? like in the box itself? Ive read a couple threads on here with topics similiar but people seem to defer on years and stuff I have an 06 XB12r, Thanks

Mine is the same year and bike. The airbox isn't the super vented style. I think those came out the year after. If you can find one of those, I'm pretty sure they can be retrofitted. Otherwise a lot of guys have just Swiss cheesed their existing airbox top, using drills... or eliminated it all together using the airbox delete being sold by places like American Sportsbike or fabbed one with the existing indent of the air box top that sits in the top of the air filter, some long bolts and washers... or plexiglass/lexan. Like this or this.

You may have to eventually tweak your maps to adjust to the changes you made to airflow.