Thread: NEED HELP. got side rails powder coated...wont start

So i got my rails powder coated and I made sureto file down the 2 spots on the side rails so that I got a good ground. I started my bike up after putting it all back together and it was all good. Once i stopped I couldnt start my bike back up. for some reason it wasnt getting a good ground. When I turned the key to on it wouldnt start at all. The gauges didnt go up and down like it normally does when u turn the key to on and the pump wouldnt prime the engine when the put the start button on.

so my question is...is there another spot I need to file down on the siderails? I filed down 2 spots because i thought that was the only 2 spots to file down so the ground made a good connection. the funny part is that if i shake my seat up and down a little bit the bike like magically goes back to normal and the gauges move up and down and it primes hte engine but as soon as I push the start button the battery just clicks and everything goes back to freaking out!

please help

Loose battery terminal under the seat? Mine did that an it was just the neg terminal vibrating out a little

Did you sand the powder coat off where the rails attach to the frame? The other grounds need to get back to the battery and might not be getting through.
    Matt

no i only sanded down the spots on the middle of the side rails so im guessing i need to sand down the spots where the side rails connect to the frame. anyone have any pics of how much i need to sand off?