Thread: Swapping triples

I'm swapping my lightning triple with one from a 1125r. It's not quite lining up. Im wondering if I must jack the front end up for it to align? I briefly tested my theory by lifting up on the front end. it seemed to get it closer to fitting.... Maybe there is a trick to it?

Thanks

You need to lift the front some. If you leave the weight on the front wheel and remove the upper support it causes the lower to twist a small amount because its now trying to rotate. the bike should be lifted to the point that the front wheel is just bairly touching the ground.

One of these days someone is going to snap a lower tripple because they removed the upper with no support under the bike..........they are designed to break/bend during a front impact to help lessen the amount of energy transfered to the chassis. Sorry for the rant..........it just seems there have been a few topics here lately with people asking the same questions regarding the upper tripple.

I am 99% sure the 1125r top triple is Differn't than a XB
    Larger forks and more Rake

I think it's a little different too. Try putting your lightning triple back on. Does it slide right on? That'll give you an idea of how much things have flexed. If it takes the same amount of work to line both top triples up you'll know they're close. If the lightning goes on way easier you'll know they're different.

thanks for the info freak. Ill do that.

others- the stock triple wont slide back on. I've read conflicting information about the 1125 triple. I'm really hoping it will fit. I want to ride!

Maybe pull both triples off and lay one on top of the other. You should be able to see if they line up.

they really dont appear to be off. its just the center hole is binding slightly.