, clearer, picture, houston, contacted, state, wanted, close, advise, found, ebays, buyer, method, money, supposedly, instructions, program, protection, email" /> Possible Scam? Need some advise please
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Scam? Need some advise please

Found a bike on CL for my son, relatively close by in the Houston area, contacted the seller and they state the wanted to go through eBay's Buyer Protection Program..... I get an email from eBay with a case # and instructions to to wire money (any other method will supposedly cost more) and on top of that the seller is in North Carolina and there is a shipper involved.....

Sounds a bit sketchy to me.....

Anyone have any experience with this?
    I'm willing to forward what I have to make the picture a little clearer... also, if this is a scam I'd like to burn them down as they stated the bike belonged to thier son who was KIA in the rock box

It's a scam....

I've contacted ebay about something like this on craigslist. They said they do not do business outside of ebay.

That's messed up. You can contact ebay with the listing but as far as I could tell they didn't do anything about it.

SCAM

If they are close enough, why wouldn't they want to do it in person?

DO NOT DO THAT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

i found a bike on cl for a screaming deal!! lady was going through a divorce and was selling it super cheap. i e-mialed b/c there was no phone number. i offered to call and gave my phone number and "she" never called me back. i got the money order ready and went through ebay and what not. "ebay" never sent me any confirmation of the transaction witch i know they are really good for. things started sounding sketchy and i contacted the money gram company and ebay and they described the same ecact situation to me that i was going through. lucky for me i cancelled the money gram before the **** could take my money. they never contacted me asking where the funds were after i cancelled. i have seen the same thing saying that the guy was asked to go back over seas and he had to sell his bike and it was being stored in a container some where. if you cant go see the bike or actually talk to some one on the phone i would not go for those on cl. type ebay scams into google and read some of them. i bet they will be the same exact situation your "seller" is telling you.

-jason

Yeah this is not cool. I have came across a number of adds like this on CL. Even saw two different bikes in two different cities but with the same post. Son KIA, would like to see the bike go to someone that will appreciate, blah blah blah Really low price etc. Run.

Yep, they try to make it look legit by sending a fake Ebay email with link. You can tell by looking at the browser address, it won't look correct like www.ebay.com/ blah blah blah...

Run far away :)

They even have scams generated through Ebay, they post a fake bike or car that they stole an image of off the internet. You win the bid, they tell you they only take wire transfers or what not from Western Union.

Thanks guys Knew I could count on you guys for help:D Now back to finding a bike for my boy.....

post up the link? just curious am i

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2388773815.html

It got flagged:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast