Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Tire on Backwards?

I bought an 03 XB9R a couple weeks ago and have been cruising the forums here for awhile. Learning a lot!

I was cleaning the wheels today and noticed the arrow on the front tire was saying it rotates the opposite way it is installed. I looked at the tread and sure enough, it looks like it should be going the other way.

I don't ride in the rain (on purpose), and I haven't had any stability issues with the bike thus far. Should I even be concerned about it being backwards?

Maybe I am mistaken and the tread looks like it is going the proper direction, even though the arrow says otherwise?

Yes. And ride in the rain more often.

Added pics. Am I wrong in thinking the tread looks like it would wick water away from the center line of travel?

Im far from an expert but I would say get that taken care of and its not about wicking water away but more getting traction on the pavement but again im no expert

there are arrows on the side of the tire that point in the direction of travel

there are arrows on the side of the tire that point in the direction of travel
    from the OP and he even put a picture up of the arrow.

"I was cleaning the wheels today and noticed the arrow on the front tire was saying it rotates the opposite way it is installed"

Look at it from below. What looks like it's going the correct way on top, is the opposite on the side touching the ground.

Look at it from below. What looks like it's going the correct way on top, is the opposite on the side touching the ground.
    I guess I don't understand why treads are the way they are. Right now, backwards, it looks like the main channels contact the ground first in the center, then roll towards the outside. Isn't the purpose of a design like this to bring the water from the center to the outside?

Still, the obvious fact is the arrow on the side is going the wrong way. I'm going to see if the car tire shop I'm loyal to will flip it for me.

i hope you are kidding

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast