Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Tire on Backwards?

Just ride it in reverse. I would get that taken care of ASAP, tires are made to roll in a certain direction for a reason.

tires are made to roll in a certain direction for a reason.
    OK I agree with this, but I don't know why I'm agreeing. The sipes on my front tire appear to be taking water from the center line out. If I flipped the tire so the rotation arrow was correct, the tread would be bringing water from the sides of the tire into the center. Am I missing something?

the only acceleration the front tire can create is from braking and turning so i would assume its to help prevent lockup under braking. the rear is responsible more for positive acceleration. this is just my initial thought without researching it any.

from braking
    After some more research at the same time you were posting, I am finding, too, that some reasoning that the front tire tread design is supposed to be backwards for traction under braking. The rear is forwards for traction under acceleration. Nothing to do with rain.

I guess I will have it flipped. So am I lucky that I haven't crashed in the last 1000 miles I've been riding it? :p

Thanks for all the responses, guys.

well you would most likely notice the difference of traction in the wet. its unlikely to lock the front tire on our bikes regardless of mounting direction in the dry. they tend to lift the rear tire first ive found.

if you lock the front in the wet like your tire is now the tire grooves will be pushing water into the center of the tire.

they did the same thing with me, i told them the back rim rotor is on the left so they put both tires on as if the rotor was on the left -_____-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12