Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Race ecu...

Wondering if this is a plug and play mod......or if I need to go to the dealership to have them program something. Thanks

my understanding is that if you plan to use an actual race ecu you plug it in and are good to go, otherwise you would use emc spy or another program to flash new maps to the stock ecu or you could have a dealership dyno tune everything if they have the programs and dyno but I may be mistaken on some of this info

you cant adjust it but if you go to ebr they have one for almost any mods or call them and they will leed you in the right direction. Some people have luck with reprograming the stock ecm with a ecm spy.ranger may be right that some dealers could reprogram your ecm but the dealers in my area are a hour n a half drive away and seem like they dont care about the buells anymore.

I found a "Race" ecu on craiglist for 60.00. the numbers are N1306.KA 01193 and the other number is USR3KA210. I can't seem to find out what brand it is.

it says "for race use only"........

hey there. i have an 01 buell lightning and just bought ecmspy cable. i was told that i could find the map?eeprom for it but i cant find anything for 01 race map.. please help..

if anyone knows where to find it my email is ssv54t@hotmail.com.

Link its the closest I could find with a quick search.

Would like to get more info on this "For Race Use Only" module.....is it a factory Buell performance module. Thanks

First what year/model is your bike?The Erik Buell Racing ecm is your best option for plug and play with no damage to your bike.For 250 bucks you can't go wrong.Make sure to tell Michael what changes you have done Exhaust/air filter/ etc. They are on a mission building some new bikes right now.I would still e-mail Michael at EBR. Depending on the year/model a Stock Ecm would be a good option for now. ALL the dealer is allowed to do is tune a stock ecm on the dyno they don't install Race maps etc. They will install your product with no warranty. But ECM Spy and a cable with the Drivers and with some instruction and practice, Small moves of course if thats not your strong suit, might try to make sure that the numbers are correct before you plug in a used ECM that may not function properly. Hope the Craigs List item isn't a rip. good luck with that. Some of the Race only ECMs on the 04-2006 had a limited production on XB9s and Firebolts etc.good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast