Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I trade my hawk pipe for an EBR race pipe?

Situation has arisen where I can swap my Hawk pipe for an EBR race pipe. I love the sound of my hawk pipe, and am happy with the performance. What would I be looking to gain or lose with this trade?

If your happy with the sound and performance of the Hawk then why switch?

Change's can be fun, but I haven't really had any experience with the race pipe, and I know they become more rare by the day.

Even swap??? If so, I'd probably do it for the difference in value. A clean Buell (not EBR) Race pipe brings some coin!

I do like my Hawk pipe though...I'm not sure you'll witness a huge difference in performance either way. If anything the Hawk may outperform the Race Pipe. There are alot of opinions on here about that.

Yeah, even swap. The pipe looked in good condition, haven't taken it off yet, when I felt the underside, there was a small ding in the front. This seems to be common though.

I'm able to go tonight to take off the race pipe and bring it back home. The bike it's on is being sold this week so I have to move quickly.

I'd make the trade. I'm happy with my Hawk pipe, but the finish on the race pipe is probably nicer although I do think the black looks better than silver.

I got a Buell Race Pipe and Love the sound, looks, and proformance. I have herd the Hawks and like that sound as well. See if you can bolt it up and hear and test the difference. But I agree with 50, an original Buell part will be worth more in the long run.

I used to run a Buell race can on my 12R and would do it again if the time ever came to rid myself of my Drummer SS. I loved the sound and performance it provided even though I had a stock ecm. To me theres no better looking dual outlet muffler other than a full custom built unit or mabie a Micron.

Straight trade is a no brainer for the race can... plus if you like the looks of a black pipe simply spray or powdercoat it.

Any way you can try out the race pipe for several days? Unless you plan on modifying fuel maps, your stock mapping may not be able to account for the open design of a Race pipe. May end up with Lots of decel popping and running lean. What year is your bike?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast