Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Point me in the right direction

because your new signals arent drawing enough amperage to make them flash or even work. that is if it works when you include one of the old ones. sounds strange but its worth a try, worked for me.

the bulds don't draw enough power, which means the coil in the tunrlight relais doesn't have enough power to switch and thus your turnlights don't work.

an additional resistor would solve the case.

it doesn't work when i attach one of the old ones back on... i tried that... it worked when i had 3 new and 1 old... but once i unplugged the last old one and put the new one on they stopped working.... even if i put one of the old ones back on... i haven't tried putting and old one back on in addition to having all the new ones on though..

by resistor could you be a bit more specific?? is there something certain i could place on it? i'm guessing you mean wire in an extra bulb somewhere.. but i don't want to splice anything...

make a splitter out of some wires and try to add the old one.

if that works, that means you need a resistor (an electricity/power user) which you can get in any electronics shop.

i'll try that out... BUT where do i splice it in at?? i don't want to damage anything..

could i have messed the flasher relay up too???

what if i try hooking back all the stock signals if they work than it would need the resistor right?... i don't want to hack into the wires if i don't need to...

thanks again for all the help.. you've been great...

Im having the same problem. Simple fix, you have 2 options.

1) New flash relay part # EP-26 from any auto parts store. Or if they can order one Grote #44893 (LED specific flasher) I had them cross refrence the number and they had one in stock from a different manufacturer....will try it tonight if it doesent work they will order the Grote for me.

2) LED load equalizer, these will splice in easily with clips. You just need pliers to squeeze it on the wire, and a place to ground it, no cutting required. Again you can find this at most auto parts stores.

... So the EP-26 is not an LED specific relay right? because these new bulbs are not LED's....

and when you say any auto parts store.. do you really mean any? like just your typical advanced/autozone/oreily's should have one???

you don't have to split anything.

just get a connector that fits the oem connection and 2 wires running from that connector.
    no splitting or damaging ;)

and when you say any auto parts store.. do you really mean any? like just your typical advanced/autozone/oreily's should have one
    Yep. Any of those places should have them.

I ended up using the EP-36 LED specific, had to remove the mounting bracket off the stock flasher though. Just push the little metal tab and pull it out. I cross referenced to the GROTE that ASB sells, worked like a champ $13.00 plug and play. A little electrical tape to hold the bracket to the new flasher and good to go. ( S model under the flyscreen )

Killer, your type say that they are 26W each while the stock ones are 10W each. You need something to handle the higher wattage. I'm not sure the part number but I believe the EP-36 is rated to handle 168W max so you should be good.....call one of the stores you mentioned and tell them you need a 3 prong flasher to handle the wattage. If they arent complete morons they'll find the part for you ;)

awesome.. will do...

one last thing...

i didn't mess with it much last night.. but i did try hooking up two stock signals last night.. while i had two after markets on.. and still nothing...

so two old and two new... and still didn't work...

yeah, i went by a parts store yesterday... they were closed :( lol i'm gonna call around today!!! thanks for all the help guys!! i really appreciate it!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast