Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ERIKBUELLRACING RANT!!!!!!

Im a little bummed out, i went over to EBR.com to price the programming ecm for my out dated XB12R and I was surprised to see it was still $250, and I was ****ing blown away to see EBR selling a programmable Kit for $750 Holy ****ing ****!!!!! Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing brake and cut it down to $300 more then twice the buell owners will buy it then would have so you will make more money in the long run and you will be making a lot of us happy who would other wise not be able to buy the over priced stuff. My main problem is that I dont trust to buy the preprogrammed EBRECM because to many people have have unsatisfactory results and in order to get them to do any tweeks if the ecm does not work the will charge you another fee instantly, even if its only been two days WHAT KIND OF **** IS THAT?. I need donations pleas?????

It's called a business. Business's require money to run.

And you're mad about prices being the same....damn, at least they didn't jack the prices up.

if the ecm does not work the will charge you another fee instantly, even if its only been two days
    Wrong! My brother sent his back twice to swap with them and it didn't cost him anymore money.

Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing BREAK* and cut it down to $300 more THAN* twice the buell owners will buy it

"then would have so you will make more money in the long run and you will be making a lot of us happy who would other wise not be able to buy the over priced"...whoa...what??

Remember me? From the Harley thread? I sure remember you and nothing has changed lol. Maybe he plans on sending his kids to school and needs the money lol?

Bajabomber is right. It's a business. Like Harley was trying to run. Maybe you should get a different bike lol. Good luck~

I was ****ing blown away to see EBR selling a programmable Kit for $750 Holy ****ing ****!!!!! Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing brake
    400-500 and he would sell alot more imo

It's called a business
    Generic statement!

And I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either/both you, but just because "it's a business" doesn't necessarily mean its good business. There's good and bad business, and I've seen several threads on here where someone posted trying to sell Buell parts and they got ripped for trying to take advantage or setting the price too high.

Brightbuell obviously sees that price point being too high. Price is perceived value. But brightbuell, baja does have a good point in that it hasn't gone up. I'm in medical supply sales and our costs are rising virtually daily, it's both ridiculous and frustrating! Although $750 isn't an easy check to write, it's nice to see some cost stability if in fact it hasn't changed.

I would have spent $400 maybe $500 but no way on $750. So I had to buy the plug and play. I have sent it back 3 times to get it tweaked and only been charged once. It works ok. Atleast I have no more decel poping from the drummer.

I'm gathering the 1190 is not cheap to make. Neither will production or mass production of the upcoming models. If we want new bikes they have to come from somewhere. We're supporting an empire (Race team/race bike design/ future production models). Have to admire the guys hustle... trying to push music cd's to earn a little scratch toward making the bikes too.

As someone who may have to eventually bite the same bullet on that programmable one, I'm not exactly happy about it either. Then again if any of us wanted to keep our bikes stock, I'd guess we'd be free of this kind of dilemma. We have an mod itch that needs scratching, the recognized it and now we have support from the source. In a way we kind of did it to ourselves.

What are the advantages of buying a programmable ecm over just doing a custom tune on your stock one? I know there are small differences in the fan operation and things like that...but sheesh...750 can get you a lot of dyno time.

that price is definitly too high, why else would almost everyone on here have ecm spy, which eric buell definitly does not support

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast