Thread: Front Brake Disc Spotted

Its not a pressing issue until i go to track day, but, does anyone else have a problem with their front brake disk spotting and causing shuttering when braking? I don't ride to hard but when i do put enough pressure on the front brake it seems to have spotting on the disc and causes the bike to kind of shutter when stopping. Any suggestions?

Yeah that is common with these bikes. Clean the rotor with a little Scotch Brite and some elbow grease often and it will help.

Swap pads out for Lyndall Golds when you're ready. Also, when you come to a stop, especially hard stop, let off the brake and let the bike roll up some so the pad doesn't sit and "bake" on the hot spot.

had this SAME problem! thought it was my pads so i changed them with my buddy Bossonova. When we took off the stock pads there was still some meet...yet the rotors "spotted" and i would get the shuddering you mention. new pads went on...spots are gone as well as the shuddering. I agree with Steven...change ur pads.

Awesome will do. Thanks. Any ideas on where to get good pads that dont cost an arm and a leg? I would go to cycle gear here locally but I am hoping i can order them on line for a little bit cheaper.

I bought these....total was $49.92 to my door. work like a charm. Dont worry about the pic they show, the part number is right. they are on my 2009 SCG....actually...not sure what year you have...might want to look into that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F1Z1M0

edit - UGH i hate when i look illiterate meat* not meet (above)

I have the exact same problem, I tried to get the pads closer to the disc, and the disc bits at a couple of points 'causing the shuttering you mention, so my best guess was that the disc is warped... I have ordered new wave discs and sintered brake pads from Braking (Italy) anyway, and the racing kit with bolts etc for mounting the front disc (as well as HEL brake lines, rizoma fluid container etc), so my problem will be gone soon and I'll get better performance out of my brakes too I hope.

Have the same prob wit mine bike (xb9 03)
    Orderd : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item231145b5e7

Wating fore them here in Norway.Did order disc as vel : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Bu...item2eb4daedc9

I dont know if its good price at your place but its the haf of the price here in Norway.