Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile 1 vs. amsoil vs. Royal Purple comparison

When I bought the bike I put Mobile 1 20w50 full synthetic in both holes because it was what I had available to me at the time. It’s an 2008 XB12scg. After about 1000 miles I have decided I am unhappy with it. I didn’t really notice any difference from whatever was in there from the last owner (supposedly HD SYN). I have used royal purple in the past but couldn’t find it and decided to try Amsoil. The difference is huge, especially in the transmission. The gears sound much smoother and less clunky. The engine has a little more top end noise but not much like the RP. Acceleration seems smoother and less strained. I used a non-contact thermometer and temps were about the same. My verdict is that Amsoil is far superior to Mobile 1 in the transmission and at least on par with RP for performance (if not as noisy).In the engine they seem about the same. Just my opinion take it for what it's worth.

i have been a die hard mobil1 fan for years.dont care much for rp.a couple of weeks ago i decided to switch to amsoil bike is quiter now all the little ticks and rattles are all but gone,bike runs cooler and i use less oil.

Iv been using Mobile 1 VTwin for a while now, nota big fan of RP in the Buell, it was great for my old Yamaha tho. Ill give amsoil a shot next change.

It's worth it. Mobile 1 is ok but Amsoil rocks

I am such an amsoil fan I became a dealer to get it at cost.

Im using Mobile 1 and cant stand the topend noise my bike makes.......sounds like a sewing machine factory. at 1st my shifting seemed to improve and was smoother but after a few runs in the Texas heat......its no better than the HD oil. Im either switching back to Dyno oil or Im giving Redline a shot. My bike runs fine and has no Issues such as burning tons of oil or hard shifting, but the over abundance of top end noise is just nuts.

any difference in mpg?

I'm using Castrol Syntec V Twin 20/50. I like it a lot. There's a comparison test that I found before and I'll try to find the link and post it.

Am i the only one using Lucas? i've used it for every mile on my bike and she loves it.

I am only useing Mobile 1 and K&N oil filter because I can get them next door at Autozone but I would prefer to use Amsoil but the HD dealer is a bit of a ride away.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast