Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Duc rear ended me

Loose1 lives in MN, and the swingarm is awsome, i see it in person weekly, the rest of the bike has just as much work into it as that swingarm...

still an amazing job!

matt ill catch ya later this week to drop that socket off, mines back to belt drive! minus the belt, gotta get some more cash after runnin supermoto this weekend...

Looks good, as you mentioned cutting more off the left side you could trim it back a small amount (1/2") and add a radius to the cut to flow with the tire/rim to clean up the lines and have them flow nicely. It wouldnt cost you any real issues with oil capacity or get in the way of the drain plug or filler cap.

Completely gettin out of the box...very nice work so far.

I've always liked single side swing arms. They are so nice for working on. I just need a rear stand.

Both swing arms were made in the same factory, brembo. You can't heat treat cast alum.

I won't go back to a belt drive. Breaking a $200 belt every 8,000 miles gets expensive not including getting the bike home. I want to have a belt drive but it won't hold up with that bike, how I ride, or what I have planned in the future.

Thanks for the praise everyone. I enjoy having things that no one else has. That's one of the reason I became a machinist.

Matt

hey dude nice single side swing arm looks pritty good.
    i'm actually going to make one for my bike this winter. going to do it the same as the bike below, from the guys over at dieselmoto.com.

i talked to them a few days ago about the bike and how much they have left on it. they told me they are 99% complete on the Project "H", and are hoping to unveil it and the X1 project together before the end of the summer.
    Also they told me, If the public reaction is strong, any or all of the pieces could be recreated for production. So they could be coming out with a single sided swing arm for buell's.
    Just a little info you guys and gals might find interesting.

I want/...

Well I guess it's a good test bed to find out if the softened aluminum holds up right? Looks good, just wear all your gear.

Mad.....fab.....skills!

He He he I have been working on one two. We actually have been sharing thoughts on a few things to add to these.

Loose was hit by a Duck, However, I got smacked By a Triumph Triple 07...
    I started this Back in the spring But set it aside till Summer... I have a front end Conversion going as well as a few other trinkets. Loos and I will keep People posted soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast