Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel pump part number? 03 xb9s Help, Please

So my pump is def bad, I want to buy the only the motor itself and the screen, and filter. Not the whole assemby for 360 from ASB....does anyone know what pump will work and a part number? Thanks!!!
    Nick

P0130.02A8

i know in 06 they changed them they have a different plug but all you got to do is swap conectors. im getting ready to do it to my 05. just bought a used 07 pump off ebay for $100. its probley gonna be cheaper and alot faster to just find a whole used fuel pump.

Here's the automotive part number for the pump.
    Matt

"XB fuel pumps are made by Walbro and are model #521. Those pumps are used for older Ford mustangs among other very common vehicles. The pumps are available from a number of suppliers and are priced around $80-$90."

XB fuel pumps are made by Walbro and are model #521.
    where did you get that number?what year mustang

well on a whim i looked up 2003 ('03 bike) ford mustang v6 (auotzone, summit, oriellys, napa) and up pops a fuel pump which looks exactly like the bikes pump. I am going to autozone tonight to confirm and pick up the pump. pump includes screen which should still work and then gaskets for the mustang tank which i obviously wont use. for about 110 bucks. i need to get a replacement filter also so i will find out what works and let you know. and part number for the pump is E2366 if you want to take a look.
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...0626_200267_0_

Later, Nick

that 521 number looks like a 93 mustang fuel pump....which looks different to me. I'll see about comparing that one to at autozone.
    Nick

Ok so.....(Drum roll).......it works!!!! I purchased the fuel pump for a 03 musntang V6, part number E2366 at autozone. It was 110 bucks plus a 4 dollars fuel filter. This number includes a strainer that is smaller than the stock one but seems to work just fine. All I had to do was take the pump assembly out take a bunch of pictures for ref on how it goes together and which wires go where, then disassemble it, and re-assemble it just as I took it apart. I reused the rubber seals on the steel filter nipples which just slid off and slid on the new filter. The wires simply connect to the filter just as they came of the old/bad pump. I did replace the steel clamp on one end of the pump with a normal hoseclamp because I ruined the original. Only thing that happened was when I was putting the pump back in the frame the O-rings rolled and were cut causing it to leak. So I need to replace those yet. The bike did start just fine and run for a few minutes no problem. So I'll have about 120-130 into replacing the fuel pump rather than over 300 for a whole new assembly...
    Nick

have you had it on the road yet?3.8 v6 stang is around 38 psi on pressure buell is 49 psi.

Yeah, just took it out to rockford and all over around 80 miles or so and it ran great. Did around 80-85 up 39 for around 15-20 minutes and it did it without a hiccup. :) then even saw a black/red firebolt on the 90/39/51 highway south side of rockford. Even if there is a pressure diff in the pumps I didn't notice it. Maybe if it had a turbo there would be a problem....but I don't know, this worked for me and I'm happy with its performance and about 200 in savings.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast