Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help? Lightning into an Autobot?

First off I apologize for any awkwardness this might have- this is my first online post...I usually just creep and read other's posts haha.

I am 90% committed into transforming my 2005 Buell Lightning XB12Scg into "Arcee" from Transformers. I know she was a Firebolt in the movie, but oh well. I purchased all new plastics so the originals wouldn't be tarnished but I am hung up on two things.

I have read all sorts of advice on how to paint the plastics online- do I try it myself since it will be all one color? Or do I bring it somewhere? If so, do any of you recommend any custom shops in the Twin Cities? My other dilemma is what to do with my helmet? Do I just get an all black one and put the Autobot emblem on the back of it? Do I want it to look robotic? Any ideas or thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Arcee:
    http://cache.reelzchannel.com/assets.../270682_70.jpg

Thanks!

you do realize they didnt actually use that in the movie?

but either way...

i think the hardest part of the change your looking for is changing your S to an R. its gonna require moving parts around and sourcing parts that arent sold new anymore. the rest will require painting or powerdercoating.

you will probably be better off getting an firebolt with that frame color and the amber wheels to begin with. then you would just paint the plastics pink.

anyway...good luck!

What would you be using to do it yourself? Do you have a compressor /paint set up or were you planning on a rattle canning it? If you plan on rattle canning it, you might have difficulty matching the exact color you want. Also whats the project worth to you? If you're hellbent on it and money's no object, you pay a pro for the prep, color, clear coat, etc. If you're on a budget, there's a thread here on painting the plastics. Should be in the how to section.

If you want to use your helmet to have people make the connection in case they don't recognize it on their own, you could put the robots face on the back of your helmet and fade it out to black. Me I would put the autobot symbol on the top front (in that purple color) and airbrush the shape of the eyes on the back of the helmet in that blue color (should stand out well against the black.) You can do the rest of the face in subtle gray tones so its not really visible until people get up close.

You can get every part new still its up to you if you prefer used parts/prices. I got a good amount of new parts that people were charging the same price as a brand new part from harley. Just do your research on prices before you buy something used and someone says you cant get this anymore because its a lie they have like 7 years left that they still have to make parts.

The hardest part is going to be moving the exhaust to the left side..:p

The hardest part is going to be moving the exhaust to the left side..
    thats a foreign model used in countries with right hand drive

I am more then willing to trade tails with you.... i really don't care what colour you paint them :-)

The hardest part is moving the exhaust?????

The hardest part would be makin it turn into a frikken robot.

I searched... no DIY thread.

haaaaaa ok yall, i havent smoked any wacky backy in decades adn this thread is making me feel all dizzy lol. lol wtf 05 into a transformer lol, i love friday nights lol. oh yeah no diy thread on making it turn into a robot........aaaaaahhhhhhhahahahaha thats a classic my friend lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast