Thread: clutch adjustment

Hello, my clutch is in need of some adjustment. The manual states that the rear wheel must be lifted off the ground in order to properly adjust the clutch. My rear stand is on loan to a friend and I'm wondering if raising the rear wheel off the ground if essential to correctly adjusting the clutch? Thanks for the info.
    Kyle

never had to lift the rear to do mine.
    unless you mean the primary adjustment

I'm not 100% but lifting the back tire to adjust the clutch is just to prevent the primary oil from coming out of the adjustment cover. I just ran my bike on top of some books. your only need to bring it up about 6 inches.

Kyle, you can Adjust the Clutch Cable from the Front header adjuster to remove the slack ONLY in the cable.Not to Tight! Once that is done Then step 2- is 3 screws to be removed Primary on the cover.You can adjust it without the Rear off the ground/concrete etc.. Just put a small 1"inch x 4"inch piece of wood about 5,inches long under the bikes kick stand.This will help to level the bike better should you be changing fluids etc..or don't want a mess.No more than 1 quart of fluid if your changing it.Don't over do the drain plugs when tightening or they will strip out.Just good and Snug/w/ a new o'ring.There's DIY Videos on You Tube-Buell DIY etc..OR Daves DIY videos on this Forum also.You can download the Manuals at the top of the page,& will help on some of the bikes cause some info, is still the same for many years of Bikes.The reason the Bike needs to be off the Ground is Several,But one is it's level,& will drain out most of the fluid when hot. 2-is once your done you can Gently put it in gear and Test it.3-if the clutch isn't adjusted right it will move in Neutral when Throttle is applied.Don't confuse the Vibration on Throttle up,to remedy that just put your foot Gently on the sidewall of the rear tire if it's properly off the ground Pitt Stand etc..Most likely you will get it right first or second adjustment.Take your time.Welcomme to the Forum.*Jimi