Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB1200Scg No Start. Help

I recently lowered my motor, got it back up, and bike started fine. Bike was sitting for almost two years while I was deployed, and repainted most of it. My brother had a spare Victory battey that was bigger then mine, but I started it with it to make sure everything ran fine. Charged my old battery over night and put it back in the bike. Its cashed. I need a new one. So I reinstaled the other battery, but I wasnt paying attention and accidentally crossed pos and negative wires. Pisses me off cause it was a stupid mistake amd im better then that. Something got smoked. Literally. I dont know if it was a relay. Alll the fuses are good. But no lights or fuel ump when keys in the on position. Please help. Havent ridden her in almost 2 years, im the original owner, and we need to be together again! Im pissed at myself, and let her down. Shes itching to buck more then I am. . Buell gods forgive me :(

probobly your ignition relay..Swap it with another relay and see if your gauges work. welcome to the forum

Relays are less than $10 auto parts.

Diode is probably the one you're looking for. It's in position 1 of the fuse box (markings are on the lid).

I work at a an autoparts store...so im hopin I can cross those relays. Theyre all the same part number. So ill try it, and stop by harley for the diode.. Stupid s simple mistake preventn me from shreddin :(

I replaced the relay. But still blowing fuses. Can a bad diode do that? I cant find what that diode is for

I believe the diode is for the neutral safety, look under the fuse box and look for burned wires.

No burned wires. Idk if it could be one of the two other relays.

u prolly grounded the ecm; if u had the wires backwards and started it, it blew the fuse and might have damaged the ecm. if u smoked a wire then the ecm is cashed too more than likely

Is there a way to test the ecm? I replaced the one relay, and my lights and fuel pump kick on. But the fuse blows when I hit the start button.

i hate to say it but my guess is the ecm was grounded out when the pos and neg got crossed. i have the same bike as you adn had the same thign happen.
    http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...b12scg-is-sick
    wound up getting a new ecm, both coils, adn a few other things that got messed up during a domino effect of me trying to fix it lol. be patient youll be on the road again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast