Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB1200Scg No Start. Help

Diode keeps electricity moving in the right direction.

Kelly, what ended up being the problem? With a new fuse...everything seems fine. Lights, gauges and fuel pump all energize. Thats what makes me think its NOT the ecm. But the second I hit the start button, the fuse blows. Im pretty good with thia bike and have taken it apart myself. Didmt know if theres some secret somewhere

I ohmed out the diode and show nothing at all testing it either way. Stuff I found online says its bad of it tests like that. Will be goin to Harley tomorrow to get one and see what happens

what happen was a power surge bascially fried the ecm making it think wrong. that had a domino effect by fouling the plugs, burnt the front adn rear ignition coils, burnt the relay out, adn a few sensors fried out as well. it was all cause the ecm was telling the bike incorrect ratios during start up. this problem is so common fro our bikes that the parts that have to be replaced (when we screw up our bikes like we did) stay on backorder all the time.

an ecm off a wreck bike for parts ran me 180 bucks with shipping. a new one is about 50 bucks more but they are not being made very well and stay on backorder. so go fro a used or refurbished one. just make sure they have been tested before you buy it. i gto a new fuel pump for free thur the recall from harley. i got both coils and the relay replaced for free due to harley taking so long(they had my bike for over 6 months).

My bike didnt even turn over when I made this mistake. I put the new diode in, and keep blowing the ignition fuse. Its seems like pressing the start button is causing an a short in the ignition somewjere and blowing the fuse. Which leads me to believe its not the ecm. But I dont know. Its driving me nuts!

Not to mention its not like I fully connected the battery the wrong way. I touched the wire on the battery for a second and pulled it away. So I thought it was only a fuse or relay? Can a relay be the problem? And cause a fuses to keep blowing? I camt see how a simple problem would cause all of those parts to go bad. Isnt that what the fuses are for.

Can a relay be the problem? And cause a fuses to keep blowing?
    yes
    start button might be shorted you can take it apart and check it

Check and cleaned up the start button...still blowing the ignition fuse

My neutral light isnt coming on either

Ok replaced another relay. Bike turns over now, but does not start. Wtf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast