Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: backfire thru the airbox

well mine does it like when you try to rev when the clutch is in or in neutral
    It will do it more often when the bike is not at optimum operating temperature. Its probably part of the emmissions control. If you dont have to get your bike emmissions tested where you live, do the breather re-route, this should solve 99% of it;)

i have the stuff to do the breather reroute but i cant find plugs to the breather box.? Any ideas on what to use?

thanks ive been told that was the reason but i wanted to see what you guys thought. i love this forum

my bike is doing the same thing, how would i do the breather re-route?, my bike also sputters and gets bad gass milage could this be the cause?

Breather Re-Route is here
    :)

You are running premium right? You're engine will run like crap on anything else, also, you might have gotten a tank of bad gas, has this lasted for more than one fill-up? Try changing your gas station... The breather re-route will help with the surging from idle-3k that is common on all of our bikes.

well i got it brand new and its been doing it ever since i left the dealership, and yes i only use premium, is ok to use octane boosters with these bikes?

thanx guys

Octane Booster is fine I use one that is good for up to 20 gallons at least every other tank. Just makes it stand up faster is all..

Octane booster.. pff..
    Anyway.. I just picked up my buell 08 sx. Its getting its first (and last at like 400 bucks) dealer service at 1000 miles. I was getting "burps" through the intake a few times a ride. Maybe once every 10-20 miles. I'd burp the throttle to down shift and occasionally would pop.
    I had always gotten gas at the local 76, but the other day I picked up gas at costco (nearly a dollar cheaper) and I couldn't get it to pop at all for the last 100 miles.

Breaking in? DDFI 3 learning.. averaging? Fuel? Just part of being a buell?
    I just know if it keeps backfiring through the intake somethings going to get broken or worn out prematurely.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast