, electrical, poping, fuses, diagnosing, bulbs" /> electrical? headlights keep blowing out.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electrical? headlights keep blowing out....

for anyone that cares...voltage regulator part numbers are:
    03-07 Y1302.02A8 (Updated part with new connector)
    08-10 Y0302.5A8

this is what i have found from my research anyway, cost is about $80

I'm going to buy and replace even though i'm not 100% sure it's the problem.... just as a precaution not to damage anything else or end up stranded somwhere.

We will see if this solves my issues.

Thanks for the P/N. I just blew out my second set of lights this week. Im gonna just change mine also

AV8, i got the part today and am about to install it now... i'll keep you posted!
    I should be doing lots of riding this weekend so we will see if i pop any more headlights or get another CEL after it is installed.

Went out for a short 30 minut ride around town and all seems good! Will update after the long weekend.

Ok, final update. Seems my problem was indeed the voltage sensor. Have not had any issues since I instaled the new one!
    Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Lando

Awesome. I am still waiting on mine to come in. Harley said it would take a week to get. Im sick of driving my car but have been through 6 bulbs total in the past few weeks at $10 per. Had to put her up till I get the part in. I appreciate the help and the update Lando

I'm having the same problem on my 08 xb9sx and only the headlights are burning out. So it was the voltage regulator that fixed the problem on your bike?

I've had the exact same problem on my 2008 XB12 Ss and gone through six bulbs in three months. The shop say they can't find anything wrong with the grounds or wiring and they've even checked the voltage on the regulator, but only on idle and it was fine apparently. However my bulbs goes in the exact way as you described it so perhaps I should go ahead and replace the voltage regulator anyway and see if that fixes the problem. All this has already cost my something like 800 USD - and for nothing! Is it easy to replace the regulator or do I have to take it back to the shop?

Unless it's acting up while they're checking they won't catch it. It's a sign that it's going out not that it already has.

Hope that helps

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and replace it and see if it helps. I'm out of other options really. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12