Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike alarms?

What's everyone's opinions on bike alarms. I currently keep the bolt inside but have to take the mirrors off to get through the door. I work nights so during the week Its been staying outside chained to my truck's hitch. Non secure parking at work either. Wife and are concerned about the bike being stolen. No particular reason. Just worried since before we were always able to keep it in a garage current living quarters has no garage. I know the best way to steal it is just pick it up and chuck it in a truck bed or van.

We are looking at tracking style alrams. Any body have there bike armed?

Oh I forgot to ask about opinoons on locks as well. Disc locks, cables, chains a rabid dog chained to it or whatnot.

I have an alarm system on mine. Just a tilt sensor and an ignition lock. Like you said someone could come and pick it up but if it is inside my garage or on the back patio on a nice night but you can bet your ass i would get my shotgun out before they got out of the driveway. Not to mention it would probably scare most people in the first place.

ive got a xena lock on my bike. attaches to the rotor and has a gyro inside that when triggered shrieks a loud piercing alarm. far cheaper than the other bike alarms and works well.

caught someone snooping around my bike at work last week. straight up caught and confronted him. true story. its locked in the storage room now instead of just in the garage. not bad for $70<

I keep mine garaged but for when I'm out, I have a disc lock and a Scorpio i900 alarm on it. (Rfid, perimeter, tilt-- if I dare in the future, cut into the ignition circuit and install the anti hijack module.) The alarm itself is not bad, but the perimeter alarm is hard to get perfect though its adjustable. It either starts chirping when one someone is 5 feet away--faster as they get closer... or wont start chirping till someones right on it. This could be the way my bike is set up-- the metal from the frame and I'm sure some of the reflective heat barriers have a hand in that.)
    Still wont stop 4 guys with 2 aluminum bats from driving up, putting the bats through your wheels and lifting into a van. (at least that's how they do it here).But perhaps enough warning to get out there in time and provide your physical deterrence of choice.

that 2 bat thing is so grimey...but so effective. ****in crooks.

Yup.. they don't even have to tip your bike to get it in the van. The level of thinking didn't even seem to be on par with the associated criminals. I guess as security becomes more standard, criminal minds get more creative.

I've got a ZENA XX6Yellow ready to sell if needed.
    60 Shipped CONUS.

Used for about a month at school but too many "buddies" like to set off the alarm. Killer loud and prefer a chain at this point.

You could always get an old phone with gps activation and wire it direct(so the battery wouldn't die), and have it hidden. It is fairly cheap, at around $10 a month. That way if it every was stolen, you could call it and know exactly where it was via internet. If they want your bike, they will get it. It is more about recovery for me. Oh yeah, and to meet the crook face to face:D Don't foret to put the ringer on silent.

Cyclone 866f for me. I like it alot and its great so far. Wish it was a Tad bit louder but it is still LOUD.
    Cheap to for all the features and easy to install. Also "10% DISCOUNT. Enter coupon code "youtube" at check out, only at www.FreyMoto.com and get 10% Discount. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast