Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: White wire mod? Lightning CityX XB9SX

Try it

Well my bike is in the basement for the winter, but when it gets nice out I'll take it for a couple runs as is now and then change it to see if I can tell a difference.....

ok I came to this thread as I saw the white cable on/off on my ecm spy program. I have a 2005 xb12.. is there a benefit to turning the white cable off with the ecm spy? just wondering if I should do it or not.

oh also, i have the 02 sensor on/off option on the ecm spy as well.... Do the 2005 even have 02 sensor? cause it says mine is "on" on the ecm spy program. should I just shut this "off" since my bike doesn't have 02 sensor (at least I dont see an 02 sensor)

I believe the white wire mod doesn't work on the 12, your O2 sensor is on the rear cylinder header pipe.

I recently did this mod on my 03 xb9sl. After doing it I did a tps reset. Now the bike will barely idle. It will stay on for about 10 seconds then die. Has anyone experienced this issue after doing this. Also, I didn't do it through ecmspy. I pulled the wire from the harness. I'm not throwing any codes.

BuellSki

Does anyone know, does it work on a xb9r firebolt 2007 and where the lume connection is?

I know this is old, but..I disabled the white wire, bike would not start then, huge back fire pop..

Is your bike a xb9 or xb12 on a 12 the white wire serves a different function. Plug it back in and see if your symptoms go away.

I did this to my 9sx last weekend and it is noticable the timing retard function no longer operates so first gear acceleration is better.

Quote Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
    I know this is old, but..I disabled the white wire, bike would not start then, huge back fire pop..
    Well this thread is now far older, but it's the first one that pops up when you search White Wire Mod, and since I ran into this same problem today I figured I'd bump this relic.

I tried doing this mod this morning and had the exact same issue as faceplant and BuellSki, after having some coffee and carefully rereading this thread I found out where I erred. There are two connectors going into the ECU, a black one on the left side and a grey one on the right. At least on my 03 XB9SL, there is a very prominent white wire going into the black connector, and at a quick glance none coming out of the grey connector. Pulled the connector, pulled the wire, bike ran like ****.

So... Don't unplug the white wire in the black connector!

Instead, remove the grey connector and wipe 17 years of grime off the wires and you'll be able to see the white one hiding as hard as it can in the middle of the loom. Unplug wire, bike runs awesome.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456