Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White wire mod? Lightning CityX XB9SX

Dang, different configuration on the 08 too. Do you guys think a white wire is a white wire? Just a different position on the connector? Like Fidosol said every bit counts. I'm ready to rip out the first white wire I find

From what I'm finding on the net and on different forums, this mod only applies to pre 08 and European models. :(

Does anyone know if the "Race Only" ECM internally disables this white wire or if pulling the white wire with the Race ECM will actually do anything?

I was just figuring that the Race Only ECM would probably not use this white wire function seens how that ECM was for off road use ONLY to beguin with.

So..I feel kinda stupid asking this as i consider myself pretty mechanically inclined and bike savvy, but...... where is the ECM?

I know WHAT it is and how to pull a wire from a connector without breaking it, but i just went out to look for it for a few minutes and i couldn't find it. I checked the parts and assemblies manual as well and couldn't find an actual location..

can somebody point me in the right direction?

its right behind the battery on lightnings, i think for firebolts its behind the front fairing

I recently performed the white wire mod on my 2003 xb9s, along with the air box mod, and the removal of the rubber funnel that routes through the frame. I have the RACE ECM and race exhaust. It definately gives me more pep through the first 3 gears. I have heard nothing about ill effects and i have not experienced any myself

Just did the white wire, and I can say it is already faster with it out. 1st 2nd and 3rd are much faster in reves. when I took it out for a ride my jaw droped in how much faster it was. I had a smile from ear to ear. lol.. anyways thanks for the tip..:D:D:D

according to the people who wrote the tuning guides for ecm spy: this mod is only for the xb9 and 2006 is the last year applicable.
    i dont know if it works because i was just in the process of trying to teach myself how to tune it out with ecmspy and found the info in the tuning guide.

what i can say from experience is you can never have adequate backup. i did as suggested, backed up the stock map to 2 different folders in case i screwed up....then i went to load a map sourced from a forum and...BAM computer crashes during write process..... now bike cranks and wont start....lots of weird **** going on. lost all data on harddisc. i got it fixed after getting a new laptop and trying 2 different maps im told were stock for the 06 9sx, but now im a little gunshy, afterall, its the wifes bike.

I swear I didn't feel any difference when I pulled mine, maybe someday I'll plug it in and see if the bike feels slower. It's much easier to tell when a bike is going slower rather than when it starts going faster.

someone mentioned that u can do this with ecmspy, anybody know what i got to click on?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast