Thread: New Buell Blast Owner, a few questions.

Hello All,

I just bought my very first Buell last week. It's a 2004 Buell Blast(P3 500cc) and I have a few questions for those willing to help a relatively new rider/Buell owner :)

1)Like a lot of threads I read, my gas cap is an enormous pain in the butt to remove. I was interested in replacing it with a different/brand model gas cap, but the only two options I saw were the:
    GrandStand Designs model: http://www.grandstanddesigns.com/sho...uct_detail&p=6

and the

EBRacing model: http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store...num-color.html

Are these really my only options for a reliable gas cap? Is there a gas cap from a different brand/model bike that would fit it and not have the same issues?

Second question:

I really want to replace the mirrors and I saw a number of styles that I liked on Motorcycle SuperStore, but when you have to choose Make/Model/Year, it doesn't give an option for Buells at all. Is there another specific M/M/Y I could choose that has the same specs as the Blast?

Welcome to the addiction that is Buell, and the forum, I put the Tuono mirrors on my '08 XT, I think all the bar mounted mirrors are the same mounting style, so I don't think it is a model specific type thing, as far as gas cap, those are the only 2 I have heard of for our bikes

I'm not sure about the gas cap but if you go onto ebay and search for buell blast, theres really cool mirrors and turn signals for them. Aftermarket of course. I just got my 02 blast last week. We have 2 thunderbolts & I'm using the blast as my learner...