Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebolt saddle bags

I have them and they hold enough for me to go for a weekend ride. But if I took my old lady with...forget it. It takes a train cart to pack her crap. The Buell bags expand another 2" also to hold more. I like them myself, but I think they would be in the way of the rear pass. foot pegs. She would have to be pretty flexible to ride with them on and be comfy. Just do like I would, make her stay home. My wife just gets in the way of picking girls up anyhow.:D kiddin;)

I was afraid they would be in the way of the pass foot pegs. Gotta bring the wife, she has better luck at picking up girls then me......Did I just type that? oops.:o She can pack light when needed. Well so far for 2 up it looking like the ventura so far.
    So could they hold about 2 changes of clothes for 2 people? If not I might get a tank bag with the saddle bags, or going with the ventura I probably wont need a tank bag.

It might be close but I think they might hold that much...the Buell bags anyhow.

Hey, I have the Buell bags and they hold a lot more than you would expect. I think you could easily fit 2 changes for 2 people. I have taken 3 changes of clothes on a long weekend trip without having to even expand the bags that extra 2". Also assuming her clothes are going to take a lil less room than yours, if she packs sensibly :P, you should have no problem with the Buell bags.
    Also I haven't doubled with the bags on, but it looks like you would still have room to reach the pegs and be "comfy" on the back.

Ok, so I bought some parts from a guy... I know this is way off topic, but this is another possible luggage solution:

wow, now that is commitment.

:D

i like the bag setup on the red xb. Any idea of what bags those are? I might have to remember for x-mas to myself. nevermind just found it :p

I bought some lightning saddle bags because I couldn't find the Firebolt bags. They work great but I just use some zip ties to secure the bags from flopping around. I really like how they fit and look. Hope you find what you need.

This tread is over two years old so I would have hoped they found bags by now ;)

Regardless of that I bought Nelson Rigg mini bags for my Firebolt. Less than $100 delivered and much more room than the Lightning or Firebolt bags.

personally I like the Hepco and becker set up.

personally I like the Hepco and becker set up.
    Not made for a Firebolt as far as I can tell, and $300 before shipping too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast