Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so, i think i might be a squid.......

1. i always wear a helmet.....always (part of the agreement with the wife for purchasing the buell)
    2. my usual riding attire consists of shorts, tshirt, tennis shoes (summer) or jeans and non-armored jacket (winter)
    3. i have done 1 wheelie (totally on accident) and 1 burn-out (bad idea).....and will never do either again
    4. i love taking backroads and riding fast, but in control, and never ride aggressively if other cars are around or through blind curves
    5. i never street race and never go more than 10 over the limit in town

.......am i a squid? (i think i already know the answer to this)

honestly, i have been looking for a motorcycle jacket for over a year, but none of them fit. if i buy one where the sleeves are the right length, it squeezes my belly like a vice. if i buy one that fits my belly, the shoulders are too wide and usually the arms are too long.
    ironically, the only jackets that fit me are harley brand and I REFUSE TO WEAR THAT ****!

In my book you are a squid lol. ATGATT

dammit.....i thought so

just know if you go down and slide around without hitting anything, your skin will be toast.

i'd stop wearing shorts and tennis shoes at least.....

At a minimum add pants and boots. I often wear stuff I picked up at the army surplus store. Canvas camo pants were like $10 and tie tight at the ankle so they do not flap plus the large pockets are great. Leather speed lace high ankle boots were only $5 slightly used. I would strongly suggest that as a minimum.

Any trip further the store (half mile from my house) and I wear a full jacket and gloves. I prefer my skin where it is. :)

just know if you go down and slide around without hitting anything, your skin will be toast.
    yeah......i know :(
    i'd stop wearing shorts and tennis shoes at least.....
    i'm pretty sure if i wore jeans when its 105 id be soaked by the time i got to school/work

The military gear breaths pretty well and I take a change of cloths with me in a pack. Lucky for me we have lockers where I work.

You arent a squid yet. If you are going back road riding at least put some pants on. I try to wear my gear all the time but when its 100f outside 98% humidity and a 110-115F heat index, thats when the black leather jacket stays home and i just ride easier. If you were riding stupid while wearing what you wear then you would be a squid. But naw, your just squidin it up right now ;)

BTW anyone guess what state i live in?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast