Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1125 Cr tires?

Hey guys,

Looking to change my tires from the stock Pirellis to something that gives me a little more confidence in the corners. Granted, I live in the flat lands here in Tx, but when I take a turn-a-round under an overpass, I want to feel confidence in my tires and I don't with my Pirellis.

My trusting buddy RT Performance has always given me great advice since purchasing my Cr. He recommended the Michelin Power Pures. I've been doing a lot of research and Michelin seems to be a very trusted manufacturer for street bikes. There lineup of the Pilot Power, Pilot Power 2CTs, Pures, and Race Pures all look great. The reviews I've read on the Pures are all positive, but that's a little more aggressive than what I need. I'm a commuter, mostly. The 2CTs look great as well, but the Pilot Powers look to be more for me. They're an upgrade from my stockers, offer decent performance for a novice rider, and have good longevity.

Suggestions? Comments?

If you are not that aggressive of a rider i would suggest going with something in the pilot road category as you will get longer life out of them and they are still pretty sticky. But to be honest unless you have a lot of bikes with different tires on them the only way to know what tires you will like is to buy a set and try them until you find ones you like

What he said.

I have Pilot Road 2 which are great for mileage, less for fun. If I ever do my dream cross the continent, that's what I'll have.

Conti RA were great for fun, shorter for life. Whole lot more lean than the PR2.

You sound like the 2CT would be better for you.

Only point left is that you would have to wait longer to try some other tire.

I second the Pilot Road 2ct. They said till the scrubbing was done, you're supposed to feel them squirm a little and to take it easy. After about 5 miles I umm.. forgot I was supposed to be scrubbing in new tires and took the bike up to about 110mph (not one of the brightest things I've done-- but it was all the bike's idea),and the tires performed well. I didn't do any crazy cornering, but even scrubbing them in, it was such a noticeable difference over the stock Dunlops. I went with them rather than the Powers, because I wanted the rubber to last a while.
    The PR3's are out now, but I haven't heard much about them.

Yeah guys, I definitely know that the only way to decide what tires work best for me is by testing each of them out. It's just nice to get peoples opinions and suggestions to give me a decent starting place. I've looked into the Pilot Roads and love the longevity, but I would like a tire that gives me a little more performance. I want a decent longevity and performance tire. The 2CT and Pilot Power tires seem to be the 2 I'm going back and forth on. I don't think I could go wrong with either one.

I am in the same boat, needing a new shoe in the back as my Pilot Power (put on last fall before being put away for the winter) with less then 3000 kms on it is showing its cords.

this is due to me now living somewhere else with roads that are much more coarse then where I used to live.

I ride rather aggressively (I'm in the middle of nowhere and can get away with it) so those two factors have helped me come down to 1 of 3 tires (thanks to the guys who gave me input on BuellXB's Facebook page).

Pilot Road 2 (the 3 would be preferred if I lived somewhere where it rained more then it does, if you don't ride in the rain alot then there is really no need for this tire)

Bridgestone BT-016 and finally the Pirelli Angel ST

I think that the majority of us don't ride close to our tires let alone our bikes abilities and factoring in the performance of the above mentioned tires I can confidently say that for me a 2CT or Pure is a waste of $$$

Now if you take your bike to the track for the occasional day of yeehaw then by all means invest in tires that will compliment what your riding will be like.

I have the power 2ct and while I love the handling I would much prefer more life than it is giving me at the moment. I am at the point were I need to start preparing to buy some new shoes.

The Angels seem like a good tire with a good life span, but they don't seem like much of an upgrade from what I'm running now. The Pilot Power tire looks like the one I'll most likely go with. Lots of good reviews and seems to be an all around good tire for my riding style.

Michelin Pilot Road2/3 is for your easy going rider-long life-good in rain
    Pilot Power 2CT is for your moderatly aggressive/still a little easy going rider-moderate life-does well in rain
    Power Pure 2CT is for your aggressive one or two track days a year rider-moderate life-does well in rain
    Power One is for your track day and agressive road carving rider-short life-not too good in rain
    I have the Power pures on my CR now and had them on my XB9R before i sold it and have a total of about 3,500 miles on them now and they are about at half tread and i get down to about 1/4in from the edge on a dry day of riding and have gotten all the way down before, I ride allot in the rain and they perform well and have not givin me any issues (I also ride a little more cautiously when its wet out) but i will be buying these again when i need a new set or whatever replaces them by that time, or may consider taking the risk and going for the power ones just for the hell of it lol.

So you're roughly going to get around 6k out of those Pures, correct? That doesn't sound too bad at all. The Pures have excellent reviews, but I worry that they may deform/flatten out on me since most of my riding is commuting and moderate cruising. I dk if I'd use that wide soft edge enough to make it worth the $40. The Pilot Powers and 2CTs have very little differences except the 2CTs have a slightly softer edge, but not much compared to the Pilot Powers. It's a tough decision! I don't think I can go wrong, either way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast