, corrosion, xb9sx, month, maintenance, battery, terminals, noticed, night" /> Damn previous owner!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn previous owner!

Well I bought my 05 XB9SX bout a month ago. The previous owner said that he did all the maintenance bout a week before I bought it. This week I noticed a ton of corrosion on the battery terminals. And last night the bike sputtered a little so when i got home I checked the oil. Damn lipstick was dry!

It was a full quart low. I see a full service day in my garage in my future.

Not cool. Hope you got a damn good deal on it.

Some people just shouldn't be doing their own maintenance, or they should learn to speak the truth when selling. When I got mine almost all the bolts had stripped heads, such a pain in the ass

I paid $3800. So I think I got a decent deal. The asshole said he would give me the race ecm too, but I have yet to see it. He said he mailed it, now he won't return my calls.

Yeah, he probably sold it off to someone else instead of giving it to you. What an asshole.

Meh...you can make your ECM a race ECM for free. Don't worry about it.

Just tune the bike. Better than buying a whole new ECM.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS........ change the oils, the filter and check the air filter, check the important nuts and bolts, the tire air pressure, the shock adjustments, the brake and shifter adjustments....the day you get a previously used bike in your own garage.

No matter where it came from, no matter what the person you bought it from, swore to...!

As for the ECM..yea, just hunt down a copy of ECMSpy and a harness (cable) to connect the ECM to your computer. Then...you can do your own tuning to your own desire.

Mike

Yeah, gotta be careful buying a used bike. most sellers will tell you anything you want to hear in order to get it out of there hands and the cash in their account.

That sucks but I gotta agree with Mike. It's like a new car, better to check all that stuff before you find out at the wrong moment your riding/driving a death trap and will be stranded in the middle of nowhere.
    As for that day in the garage. Now you have the opportunity to bond with your bike on a different level. Its kind of like a right of passage among Buellers I think. Especially those of us that have few alternatives as far as support goes. We'd all rather wait till the offseason, but You will have a chance to learn about and know you're bike better. (*candles and soft music optional)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast