Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger/blower versus turbo?

I know of 0, none, examples of an uneven firing 2 cylinder engine that would benefit from a turbo, how come no one has supercharged a Buell, I seen at the Shriners a huge cruiser with an S&S 110" motor and a Detroit blower, Dyno tuned "several" years ago, 155 ponies, but over 200 ftlbs of axle twisting torque at a little over 4k rpm, any opinions?

OSHA would have field day with that unguarded,,, OSHA hell, my boys aint gettin that close to a sausage grinder, the bike I seen had a 90deg gear drive off the oil pump and cam gears, I was awestruck at how it looked, I cant remember what the mounting plate looked like, I was partaking of the hops

That thing looks like its a pain to ride lol

I bet it's scary quick tho, can you say "Torque Monster", 1st gear is probly useless, I wonder what kind of clutch they used

I was gonna say there is no room for a s/c application and well that lazareth proved my point.

I know of 0, none, examples of an uneven firing 2 cylinder engine that would benefit from a turbo, how come no one has supercharged a Buell, I seen at the Shriners a huge cruiser with an S&S 110" motor and a Detroit blower, Dyno tuned "several" years ago, 155 ponies, but over 200 ftlbs of axle twisting torque at a little over 4k rpm, any opinions?
    http://www.turboyourharley.com/turboKits.asp

If you check youtube there are some videos of turbo'd sportsters on the drag strip....

Aren't turbo's most efficient at higher revs, and nice, smooth, even, exhaust pulses, aint the exhaust pulses on our bikes seperated by 20 deg or something, so 340deg of rotation is static pressure on the exhaust, and turbo, seems to me, that would not be very efficient, I know blowers have drag on the crank, but it would stay spooled up better than a turbo, and what about centrifugal versus screw/roots style, do the centrifugals require fewer ponies to turn, this is just the ramblings of a curious mind, have no intentions of doing either one, just curious why blowers arent more common on our bikes, or HD's

just curious why blowers arent more common on our bikes,
    Most likely due to size, turbos are a much better fit.

I think you should talk to ericz on the buelletinboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast