Thread: 04xb12s dies at iddle, no CEL!

Hi everyone! first post!Bike is 04xb12s 10Kmiles.
    I'm actually in Morrocco and it's 50°C outside
    (122°F i guess), the bike was running for 10 or 15mn,
    but from traffic light to traffic light and more often at iddle, and then suddenly when i was waiting at a red light, iddle went very low and engine died. I restarted it and it ran wierd aas if only on one cylinder, i parked it somewhere, nearby and let it cool down for a few hours.Later on the evening i took it back it sarted fine, and ran fine back home.
    Btw, when engine hot i sometimes have misfires between 2K en 3Krpm, and it occured just before dying...
    Please help me guys,thanks anyway!!!

Wow, I'm hating the 30+°C and the humidex of 40+°C.

Bike does have a heat sensor that goes into a safety mode when bike gets too hot. It goes into a skip cycle on the rear cylinder. However, the engine light will flash when this is happening and the bike will return to normal when the bike cools down.

Does this describe what happened?

Some deceleration pop is normal for these engines. Backfiring that you can feel is not normal.

Easy stuff: make sure air filter is clean, that you can see light through it; while air box is open, make sure plug wire is good and isn't touching the frame; make sure throttle body is evenly, and tightly, spaced to the cylinders.

hi again...
    I had no engine light when it happened, no fan running..
    like i said, iddle started to get down and down as if i ran out of fuel, but i had half tank...
    I know the fuel overhere is quite bad so i only go to a brand new TOTAL petrol station.
    I'd like to try the Seafoam but i can't get it here,and i think i should look for the tank "venting" it really feels like i have fuell intake problems.
    The noise that makes the fuel pump is quite strange c ompared to what it was before.
    I allready checked the easy stuff before posting.
    BTW:Service has been done just a month ago and i trust the guy who did it, i had nothing in the ecu memory...
    Thanks for your help.