Thread: Throttle issues...

So when I accelerate on the bike, I seem to be having issues. If I go above 4k in any gear, after shifting there seems to be a delay when I twist the throttle. It seems to hesitate then as I twist it more it picks up and makes up for everything it missed and suddenly I am going 100 when I was just doing 60. I have a PCV on it and have reset the tps on the bike itself and the PCV. I also checked that tube under the air box that can ride up on the cables and cause it to stick as well. The cables have been lubed as well. I don't know what else to do because I have no idea where to go from there. I checked the cable adjustments and as best I can tell they seem to be fine. It also has the same issues if I am in neutral so I have pretty much ruled out clutch issues. If you rev it to say 7k and let off then get right back on it, it responds the same way, sluggish then a few seconds later it kicks in and picks up everything it missed. Help?

Hello 1125rguy,

I had the same problem. http://www.buellersdownunder.com/showthread.php?t=6574

Basically i removed the solenoid that was connected to the throttle butterfly valves, all the mounts for it and the cable for it. unplugged and installed a resistor which is really cheap, so no errors/faults come up on the tacho.

I Reset the TPS once all done, and then the bike had no issues anymore. also if you scroll down this page youll see what the solenoid looks like. http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...5Cr-handle-bar

I hope i am clear with what im trying to enplane.

Thanks -
    BuellR1125

trying this today, thanks!