Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tail lift - what does it do/why?

Another ugly as **** pic. LOL

I personally like the look- gives it a little more of the Euro-Trash Street-fighter look. As far as handling, it wedges you into the seat and a/b cover. This gives me (probably my imagination) a more secure and aggressive riding style.
    My wife has disliked riding with me on the back of the XB since we got it. She says seats too small and angled too much forward. I installed the tail lift and didn't tell her. This of course made it worse for her when riding with me and she hated it, didn't want to ride on it with me any more. So, off came the passenger pegs and the XB turned into my solo bike!
    shh... She still doesn't know. LOL

my girl told me to tell you, "it makes the bike look cute" -________-

Thanks Phil- guess I'll take cute over ugly as ****...
    You better go get youself a tail lift tho. Your girl thinks MY bike is cute.

To anyone with a tail lift, kudos. It helps it stand out just a little bit more. I see how it might affect handling in some smae way such as raising the center of gravity marginally, but it does look aggressive as ****. I like the look of it but doubt I'd ever actually do that mad. Still kudos must be given because you are going above and beyond what is usually seen. And to Bossanova next time you decide to hit up Deal's Gap let me know about a month in advance and then cruise down I-65 or 31W to get into TN. We'll ride.

So if you cut the blocks in half to get a partial Lift not the full lift does that make you a half full douche or half empty douche? :)

So if you cut the blocks in half to get a partial Lift not the full lift does that make you a half full douche or half empty douche?
    Douche Kayak?

Banned

Ive never seen a tail lift in person.. in some photos I cant tell its been done and in others it looks good. Ive noticed camera angle is everything to a Buell. Take the photo from the wrong angle while a buell is on its sidestand and its the ugliest thing on earth. The empty space between the top of the front wheel and the bottom of the nose looks huge, but straighten the wheel, take it off the sidestand and get on it, the dead on profile looks fantastic! Camera angle is everything on these things. You gotta know how to photograph a Buell.. in person you don't notice it much but in photos they can look funny sometimes. Especially 1125s.. they don't photograph well at any angle, but in person they can look real good. I had been looking at photos of 1125crs for a long time until I actually saw on in person, my reaction was "fkk, photos don't do that thing justice!"
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 10-18-2016 at 03:49 PM.

^^^^picture angles are crucial.....makes some women look better lol
    20161016_115432.jpg
    My new 1125r with the xb.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456